Yes, Trump viewed #Eclipse2017 without glasses. 'Don't look,' an aide shouted

Tonight, on Fox News:

20 Likes

Oh shit, that was a joke. And then it fucking came true:

21 Likes

Brutal ‘son’ burn… :smirk:

3 Likes

did I miss where an anti-Nazi protestor rammed their bio-diesel art car into a crowd of Nazis and killed 1 and injured 20?

This is brilliant. Trump? Not so much.

Even the president saw it, but in a move that is not a complete surprise, he looked directly at the sun without any glasses. Perhaps the most impressive thing any president has ever done. If you missed out, don’t despair. The next eclipse

It’s official, Fox News is the propaganda arm of the Trump administration.

9 Likes

Mao was accompanied on the swim by six floating bodyguards and several giant floating posters of himself. No Western journalists were present but his party propagandists claimed Mao swam nearly 15km in 65 minutes and “showed no sign of fatigue”.

The claim was indeed impressive. Local news­papers such as the South China Morning Post, in which Mao’s historic feat had made front-page news, point­­ed out this represented a world-record-breaking performance.

In a piece headlined “Mao Tse-tung for the Olympics?”, the Post reported comments by Australian Empire Games-winning swimmer Judy Joy Davies, who ridiculed Mao’s historic achievement.

1 Like

Taking a photon for the president! With Trump logic, the aide was totally on the sun’s side so Trump HAD to contradict the “opposition party.”

1 Like

Yes, well… Trump is, like, a smart person. It’s true. Everyone says so.

2 Likes

That reminds of what Burt Reynolds said on the Johnny Carson Show about a fellow actor (whose name I can’t recall at the moment) who was to follow Burt on the show: “He’s a great guy. I know because he came up to me and said, 'Hey! I’m a great guy!”

7 Likes

Time to launch a well publicized “don’t drink arsenic” public awareness campaign.

7 Likes

Quick, someone tell him not to drink this bottle of rat poison.

3 Likes

I don’t know how he manages to talk with such a tight seal around Trump’s twig-n-berries.

3 Likes

But surely that’d entail ‘listening to experts’…

Are you sure you want the resulting mass self-inflicted arsenic poisoning on your conscience? :wink:

Well, technically…
Everybody has an upside-down projection of whatever they are looking at in their heads, because their eyes and their eyes’ retinas are in their heads, and the projections on their retinas are upside-down because that’s how optics work.
The brain then adjusts for that.

Whatever Trump’s brain does with the sensory perception that reaches it, is anybody’s guess. I don’t think I want to go there.

3 Likes

I don’t think everyone understands what is going on in this picture. Of course Trump is basking in the sun, reptilians are cold blooded.

4 Likes

I actually think he has no idea why they all went outside to look at the sky. Someone just told him his fans were out there and he should go smile and wave.

5 Likes

Apparantly an “I’m a strongman” move like Putin’s bare chested photo ops, targeting a demographic you can probably guess.

This is fine, it’s not like trump read anything anyway…

6 Likes

It’s just one more concrete example of how a minority of stupid and selfish americans elected a… man? thing? That they identify strongly with. He’s their kind of people, except richer. And they’d like to be rich too.

So they thought the sympathetic magic of voting a narcissistic, sociopathic, simpleton into office would give them power an respect.

3 Likes

I think man-thing is both accurate and appropiate.

2 Likes