Yes, Trump viewed #Eclipse2017 without glasses. 'Don't look,' an aide shouted

I thought that only worked on sentient beings.

5 Likes

But then he’ll just think the sun is shining out of his eyeholes?

1 Like

This really isn’t intended to defend the Moron In Chief, but there’s no special Eclipse Nuclear Blinding Rays, it’s just like looking at the sun like any other time. You know, that thing that often gets in your eyes when you’re outside, hiking or driving or walking your tortoise, whatever.

You can squint at it for a few seconds, no biggie. Just don’t stare at the damn thing for too long. A quick search suggests that it takes as much as ~100 seconds of exposure before permanent damage sets in, so I don’t know how much of the fervor is backed by Big Eclipse Glasses…

13 Likes

4 Likes

Solar energy … but the business genius ain’t goin’ for it.

9 Likes

Bizarrely funny (and kind of scary) thought.

2 Likes

Sun daren’t hurt me. Sun knows I’m the prezz.

3 Likes

15 minutes of “No!” It is a wonder the big lad didn’t snap and kill them all.

4 Likes

My research the other day said that a few seconds is fine, 5 seconds is a risk, 10 seconds is seriously risky, 20 seconds is virtually guaranteed eye damage. So Trump is probably fine. I do hope he receives SOME kind of consequence, though.

4 Likes

Now can we put a big Do Not Touch next to the sun for the VP?

1 Like

It wouldn’t hurt his golf game.

1 Like

I looked.

2 Likes

What a dumbass.

3 Likes

“President stares directly into sun, continues to avoid looking at son.”

02 PM

23 Likes

Science is un-American.

8 Likes

Luckily, President Donald Trump’s perfect genes make him impervious to the Sun’s death-rays.

Not as impervious as he thought. Behold your new President.

3 Likes

It just makes him look like an unprepared young child who has been placed in the spotlight. More so. This is just another version of his playing like a toddler in the big rigs. “Vroom, vroom!..Honk, honk!”.

3 Likes

Holy shit, he really can just not stand being told what to do.

10 Likes

Much like the conservative party here in the UK, they’re actually exceptional indicators of the correct answer to nearly any problem.

Tell them the problem, see what they do as a response (note: not necessarily what they say they will do, this is important), enact the polar opposite.

Their seemingly unerring instinct for the wrong solution can actually be quite helpful sometimes.

9 Likes

this makes sense to me. i’ve glanced at the sun more than once during my life. my vision is still fine. i guess i’ll see tomorrow if my quick peak without my glasses caused life long injury. but, i’m sure its okay.

more bizarre to me is the completely wasted opportunity. he literally could have been anywhere, doing anything.

i feel like if obama was in office there probably would have been a white house viewing party with proper equipment, scientists, and public outreach.

at the very least, he could have visited any one of dc’s events and promoted, you know… science.

said no one ever. :crying_cat_face:

15 Likes