Yet another lackluster 'Galactic Starcruiser' pitch from Disney

Too many costumed elephants passing out from heat stroke during the testing phase?

3 Likes

Fans held a LifeDay celebration in Galaxies Edge last Holiday Season(™) and SURpRISE Disney had Wookie Glow globes to sell them and tee shirts saying happy life day.

I’d have gone to see all the Disney/Star Wars bounding folks great costumery if I had time.

2 Likes

Just look at the terror in her eyes as she tries to project a confident smile. This attraction is going to be a letdown of galactic proportions and she knows it.

3 Likes

Independent reviews are starting to come out from invited media guests. I’m sure they didn’t go out of their way to invite media that would be likely to write bad reviews, but still, it’s a perspective from someone other than the creators:

1 Like

What I see in this review is 1) very few masks 2) a report it is claustrophobic 3) Disney did a good job on the story/immersive play-acting stuff

1 Like

I mean, that part of it is great, but I’ve seen enough craptastic “variety show”-themed presentations at theme parks, and not just Disney. :man_shrugging:

ETA: I have no idea if they’ve finished renovating it, or simply scrapped the project, but the Spiderman ride they had at Islands of Adventure 20 years ago was really immersive and exciting, with very little space involved. If they could somehow incorporate some of those universal engineering ideas into the hotel infrastructure…

As lackluster as it looks, apparently, if you’re a huge Star Wars fan, and you want to try and make sure you get the best storyline, Disney isn’t helping. I’m sure they want you to do the whole $6k thing all over again.

I just got through on the phone to Starcruiser and genuinely could cry at the answers I got lol. They don't have the answers yet to any of my questions. I don't even have any answer as to whether or not I can film on board

— Jenny Nicholson :jack_o_lantern::ghost::trophy::bat: (@JennyENicholson) February 24, 2022

This video goes pretty in-depth into the whole experience. These folks seem to be Disney uberfans who have stayed at a lot of Disney properties and cruise lines but that’s probably the primary demographic that would be going here anyway.

The orientation video that you have to watch before “boarding” kinda breaks the show but is apparently necessary in order to explain the difference between a “red alert” warning on the ship that’s part of the show vs. a real emergency alarm that indicates that you have to evacuate the building. It also refers to a “Star Wars” experience that is not a term that would actually be used within the Star Wars universe. But at least they get that out of the way before your experience gets going.

I have to admit that the rodian character looks pretty cool, with the expressive mouth and eyes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.