Yikes - 4 out of 10 Republicans favor political violence to achieve their aims

Something to look into, because that definitely doesn’t sound like it might just be your experience.

polls_vs_the_street_2x

36 Likes
  1. Ooze into representing only the richest minority
  2. To stay in office with such a small minority constituency must delude the majority
  3. Keep them stupid, keep them scared, e.g. The Southern Strategy, racism religions, xenophobia
  4. Mass media, internet, help from foreign hackers, and a few rich maniacs (Murdoch n’ Mercers)
  5. Violence and pure propaganda and more violence
16 Likes

Maybe so, but they might try to nullify the juries of those who did and would again.

14 Likes

And I always trust anything from Koch libertarians.

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#American%20Enterprise%20Institute

11 Likes

To these soi-disant “conservatives”, the traditional American way of life is apartheid for everyone that feel uncomfortable towards and servitude of women. That’s their vision of freedom.

9 Likes

:thinking: They always leave off the next part:

It is it’s natural manure.

7 Likes

You mean juries composed of republicans might try to nullify the relevant law and find the insurrectionists not guilty? (I think that’s generally what is meant by “jury nullification” - whereas to ‘nullify the jury’ would imply somehow reversing a jury’s decision, or trying someone without a jury at all.)

(Asking for clarification, not to be pedantic, because I’m not sure I understand what you meant)

3 Likes

No, we’ve proudly called fascists and Xtianists and bigots the enemy. You just recently noticed that the GOP and American movement conservatism are comprised of those very elements, thanks to a leader who wasn’t afraid to say the quiet parts out loud.

23 Likes

In other news: “Water is wet”

1 Like

I can’t possibly imagine where they got that idea. Maybe it was hearing it from Great Leader, or having it pounded into their heads every day by FoxNews or Facebook. I guess we’ll never know.

5 Likes

Yes, or even juries with some Republicans might return a hung verdict despite clear evidence of guilt.

6 Likes

Here I was going “Damn, even the AEI is saying these guys are nuts.”

1 Like

I mean, yes. But my point is less “are we correctly understanding Thomas Jefferson” and more “why the hell should anyone care what genocidal rapist slave owner Thomas Jefferson thinks?”.

And honestly, you say we…but if one is talking about Democrats and liberals in general, I still run into ones who don’t want to admit what the fascists are and hope to reach out to them.

17 Likes

Now ask them if they’d favor losing their jobs for their political aims, having their homes foreclosed upon, going bankrupt. Ask them if they favor their families suffering while they are dead or in prison. Ask them if they are willing to get up and go fight for four years, leaving their families to starve like their beloved Confederates did.

They love the idea of violence. Ask them about sacrifice.

16 Likes

I think a hung jury is a much more likely outcome than the entire jury agreeing to find an insurrectionist innocent despite evidence to the contrary, and that can at least lead to a retrial instead of an irrevocable acquittal. I doubt prosecutors will allow the entire jury to become entirely stacked with jurors who are sympathetic to the insurrectionist who’s on trial.

5 Likes

I agree, but it’s going to be an uphill battle, which must nonetheless be fought, to keep all rabid MAGAts off the insurrectionists’ juries. These trials are going to be a remarkable test of the DC, Virginia and/or Maryland court systems.

4 Likes

They’re not always wrong, or have an ulterior motive. Sometimes, I read something from the Cato Institute, and I’ll be worried at the end if I agree it. “Did I miss something?”

4 Likes

Nah, the left (and the right too) paint anyone that doesn’t totally agree with them as the enemy.

How about the Found Out party?

Fuck Around and Find Out - Clippy

14 Likes

Yikes - 4 out of 10 US Domestic Terrorists/KKKQpublican favor political violence to achieve their aims

FIFY

9 Likes