Yogurt commercial featuring lesbian couple enrages hate group

3 Likes

As usual, George Carlin has something to say on the matter:

A Reverend Donald Wildman in Mississippi heard something on the radio that he didnā€™t like. Well, Reverend, did anyone ever tell you there are two KNOBS on the radio?

Two. Knobs. On the radio. Of course, Iā€™m sure the reverend isnā€™t that comfortable with anything that has two knobs on it.

One of them turns the radio OFF, and the other one CHANGES THE STATION! Imagine that, reverend, you can actually change the station! Itā€™s called freedom of choice, and itā€™s one of the principles this country was founded upon. Look it up in the library, reverend, if you have any of them left when youā€™ve finished burning all the books.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s not all weā€™re eatingā€¦mmm

2 Likes

Sucks that comment is proving so useful today.

(so mad too)

2 Likes

Somewhere along the wayā€¦

I donā€™t know about the rest of your list, there, but I can tell you exactly where it was decided that homosexuality was unnatural: Plato. Laws, I 636a-d and VIII 838e-839a.

Seriously, thatā€™s it. You can follow the thread from Fred Phelps through Aquinas and all the way back to Plato, and that handful of lines is the written basis of all modern ā€œnaturalā€ homophobia here in the west (the stuff in Leviticus didnā€™t have anything to do with whether homosexuality was ā€œnaturalā€ or not; its proscriptions were cultural/purity-based). The Neo-Pythagoreans picked it up a couple of centuries after Plato, then it oozed into early Christianity by way of Philo, meshed with existing Judaic purity laws and Roman cultural distatse, and here we are 2,500 years later still dealing with. This. Shit.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a culture war.

Ha! You win.

Thanks for enabling me to walk away from the computer today with a chuckle.

5 Likes

As a woman over 50, I can say that you have very little understanding of us.

4 Likes

You fruit-adders, sweeteners, milk-skimmers, adulterators of pure, high fat, plain yogourt. Unnatural, is what youare.

1 Like

So is that more, or less, mad than someone whoā€™s pig biting mad?

1 Like

Oh gods, I fuckinā€™ needed that laugh.

1 Like

These people donā€™t even have a religious crutch to stand on since there is absolutely nothing in the bible that prohibits lesbianism.

5 Likes

And really, even if there wereā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a big book, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s something they can pretend explains those uncormfortable feelings they get when ā€¦ um, I mean Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a literal Godā€™s word truth thatā€™s clear to the righteous.

1 Like

Fruit on the Bottom yogurt already had a pretty non-hetrosexual subtext.

12 Likes

The only thing that bothers me about this ad is that they STILL have the upside-down-spoon licking. Iā€™ve never seen anyone do that in real life, yet every woman eating yogourt (or pudding) in an ad does it. I knew they would do it before I even clicked and Iā€™m actually shocked they didnā€™t jump at the opportunity of having both women partake.

Aside from that it was pretty cute.

4 Likes

But there isnā€™t any sex either! It sounds like people are imagining it.

1 Like

Itā€™s implied.

Theyā€™re really gonna lose it when they find out Chobani contains live lesbian cultures.

3 Likes

The ad is offensive because itā€™s Another Boring Yogurt Ad. Five years from now it wonā€™t seem remotely interesting. Of course, One Million Moms is far more offensive, bland, and uninteresting. Also, Iā€™m increasingly weirded out by the whole moms-as-a-demographic thing. So youā€™re a mom, so fucking what? As if all mothers have the same priorities, interests, and political views.

4 Likes

Maybe adding granola would help.

5 Likes