Yosemite Sam doppelgänger makes handmade, artisanal corndogs

Originally published at: Yosemite Sam doppelgänger makes handmade, artisanal corndogs | Boing Boing

7 Likes

my first corny was “teh original” at the Texas state fair when I was a tot:

ETA: some 30 years after introduced in Dallas.

6 Likes

Why you trying to crack on the way he talks? I love cowboy Kent. He’s a real gem and cooks up a storm.

4 Likes

Kent Rollins is AWESOME, @jlw! Check out his many other videos…

This is a great twist on a burger if you love onions…

And here is how he does hash browns!

Good stuff! He has a bunch of videos on using, caring for, and restoring cast iron.

11 Likes

I want to make the corndogs. I am always happy to watch cast-iron videos.

9 Likes

If you do, let us know how it works out. Take pics and that!

2 Likes

artisanal corndogs

Good name for a song, about artisanal corndogs.

6 Likes

Growing up in 1970’s New Zealand, a battered sausage on a stick was a “hotdog”.
A sausage in a long bun with tomato sauce on it was an “American hotdog” and was considered exotic.

5 Likes

I normally don’t care for corn dogs or hot dogs but I’ve been wanting to try korean corn dogs, they look amazing

13 Likes

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

9 Likes

Two things:

1. Hot dog on a stick still exists, though it seems they no longer have to wear the stupid hat (or weird sleeveless uniforms whilst doing their lemonade jiggling).
  2. Can we stop using “artisanal” to describe anything that doesn’t really involve a really complicated process (like making whisky or similar)? (my apologies if “artisanal corndogs” was meant sarcastically).
1 Like

You can be pretty sure I believe “artisanal” can only be used sarcastically.

10 Likes

They are amazing. And it’s not a hot dog in there; it’s a slightly spicy Korean sausage, which is even better.

3 Likes

Classing up a corn dog with some avocado oil. SOLD!

2 Likes

Good lord, that cast iron is gorgeous o.O’ .

4 Likes

The kid in the mall works at hot dog on a stick
His hat is a funny shape, his heart is a brick
Taking your order, he will look away
He doesn’t have a thing to say

2 Likes

Son of a bitch, it’s 6:00 in the morning and you just made me want a corn dog. Curse you BB!

4 Likes

Several of these ingredients surprised me by appearing in powder form (like garlic and bacon). But that’s OK, corn dogs don’t need to be artisanal, that’s not the esthetic.

Battered Sav… the Australian equivalent… Meat in tube form as Anthony Bordain would champion in local street food!!

Roy & HG call the 2000 Olympics with much Battered Sav and Crazy Date action:

1 Like