You are guilty until proven innocent says MAGA lawmaker on House floor (video)

Originally published at: Guilty until proven innocent says Rep.

2 Likes

someone please tell me this man is not in charge of developing our laws.

15 Likes

Of course he has it bass-ackwards. Whether it is from mere stupidity or actual malice is hard to determine.
A Civics class would do absolutely no good, since his opinions would outweigh anyone else’s facts.

The man plainly wants to be a ruler & not a representative.

16 Likes

Yeah, actually, you can. That’s exactly how it works here. The burden is on the accuser, in both criminal law and (usually…there are exceptions) civil law, to make their case. And in criminal law, the standard of proof is “beyond a reasonable doubt” which is pretty high…or it’s supposed to be, anyway. Now, in an impeachment trial, standard of proof is up to each lawmaker to decide for themselves, but the burden to prove the charges is still on the accusers.

19 Likes
15 Likes

Our fine legislative branch.

How many of these guys and gals would already be in jail now; based solely on accusation?

It all seems like stunty rhetoric; until a person sees or experiences this their selves.

…The accused are guilty, prove your innocence. Science fiction in Hell; yet here we are in the early 21st century.

10 Likes

ds9-obrien-laugh

8 Likes

Will he be calling on his own party’s unelected leader to prove his own innocence of everything he has even been accused of?

14 Likes

“You cannot just … say you are innocent and not have to prove it,”

Same to you, sir. Same to you.

14 Likes

The irony is that this dude should be in jail.

12 Likes

Here they go again… they only “know” he’s guilty because that’s what they were trying to do.

GOP projectionism

14 Likes

Passing a test shouldn’t be a requirement for holding office, but it should be mandatory for all elected officials to take an elementary school civics test and have the results posted for the public to see.

13 Likes

I did not watch the video. Was there no pushback on this asshole?

2 Likes

Okay Ralph, prove that you don’t drink demon jizz.

Oh, and that treason thing…

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/mark-meadows-exchanged-texts-with-34-members-of-congress-about-plans-to-overturn-the-2020-election

5 Likes

4 Likes

This is the kind of a statement that should get a lawmaker summarily ejected from the Congress, and permanently banned from any and all elected positions.

8 Likes

J’accuse!

You know, I’m reasonably sure Ralph here was D.B. Cooper. I’m equally sure he’s responsible for several unsolved high profile burglary cases and whatever unsolved murders occurred in Mazomanie, WI between 1974 and 2003, inclusive. He’s also guilty of treason, but that’s just par for the course of being a Republican.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.