You can buy a kit to inject an RFID chip under your skin

Originally published at: You can buy a kit to inject an RFID chip under your skin | Boing Boing

2 Likes

For when you have to bring your Bowser amiibo everywhere

7 Likes

[but why gif]

9 Likes

Yeah, The Daily Show segment on this made me think twice about it.

5 Likes

Because just being metaphorically tethered to work isn’t good enough.

3 Likes

In case anyone else wondered (“nah we good.”) The snippet of Greek is (a curious version of) the revelation of John on the naming of the beast around about Revelations 13:18 or so. …i guess it slots in to assigning a number to a person; here’s hoping that this RFID chip provides for more than three digits

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

2 Likes

Would it be worth injecting such a chip under your own skin to drive the anti-vaxxers who believe “the gub’mint is going to chip you if you get a vaccine!” absolutely insane?

Maybe.

2 Likes

18 Likes

You go first, let us know how it works out.

1 Like

1 2 3… The Qnuts/GQP’ers will be freaking out, and insurrection’ing.

1 Like

Program : Please speak your name as it appears on your current federal identity card. Document number G24L8.
Joe : I’m not sure if—
Program : You have entered the name “Not Sure”. Is this correct, Not Sure?
Joe : No, it’s not correct.
Program : Thank you. “Not” is correct. Is “Sure” correct?
Joe : No it’s not. My name is Joe—
Program : You’ve already confirmed your first name is “Not”. Please confirm your last name “Sure”.
Joe : My last name is not “Sure”.
Program : Thank you, “Not Sure”.
Joe : No. What I mean is that my name is Joe.
Program : Confirmation is complete. Please wait while I tattoo your new identity on your arm.

17 Likes

The company name is Q-nut trolling almost on par with naming your voting machine company “Dominion”…

3 Likes

You know, I have a lurking suspicion that I have enough implants already, thankyouverymuch.

:alien: :wink:

1 Like

This has been around for pets for a long time. My boys (dogs) got them more than 10 years ago.

4 Likes

I already got the Moderna one.

4 Likes

If it can’t fit through a normal vaccine needle, I don’t want one.

2 Likes

A few of the Arizona hackerspace cognoscenti have had these for years. It’s nice to se it readily available.

But please keep that giant needle several miles from me.

4 Likes

Thank you! Google Translate recognized it was Greek but refused to translate it to English.

1 Like

Forty years ago it was the barcode, now it’s the implantable RFID chip. I personally know some people who are terrified of implantable chips due to evangelical “end times” dispensational theology, which is the reason why I don’t see it getting widespread usage in the USA at least.

3 Likes

Is the guy running the guillotine supposed to be a Catholic priest? That would not surprise me from a Jack Chick tract.

4 Likes