You can buy a kit to inject an RFID chip under your skin

Dangerous Things sell writable NFC chips as well as simple RFID chips, so you absolutely could replace the information with that of a new card.

1 Like

Do you to know how I can tell you did not look up Deviant Ollam?

1 Like

Right, because the chonker is just going to stay in their lane, rather than waiting for their littler pal to open up their bowl then muscle in :joy_cat:

Had an RF locked cat flap for our moggie, one of the local lads figured out the tailgating trick and would just stick his head in while her back legs were still going through - then he’d eat her food while she just sat and looked on rather bemused.

1 Like

Depends on how aggressive the little beasties are. My chonkers aren’t too pushy with each other, so it works great. However, I’ve definitely seen youtube videos about building restrictive enclosures so only one cat can access the food bowl at a time, and still never having any of it quite work. So, there’s a definite YMMV for this.

I expect that building a custom enclosure with a catflap door would work better with some cats, unless one figures out tailgating, like the lad you mention.

In those cases, you still have “just separate them during feeding”, even if that’s super annoying, but I don’t think there’s really a magic solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.