'You can call me a Grandma killer,' says woman in regrettable tweet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/06/you-can-call-me-a-grandma-ki.html

6 Likes

I don’t know about that, I think a year from now it will probably seem just as compassionate and well-considered as it seems today.

46 Likes

27 Likes

I can’t seem to face up to the facts
I’m tense and nervous and I can’t relax
I can’t sleep, 'cause I miss the zoo
Don’t touch me or I’ll cough on you

Grandma killer, qu’est-ce que c’est?
Fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, fa, far better
Run, run, run, run, run, run away

61 Likes

And the tweet’s author actually did write an essay called “We Need to Start Befriending Neo-Nazis.”

23 Likes

Surely that’s just hyperbole.

[Googles]

Oh. Oh no.

11 Likes

There is nowhere for my mind to go with this information.

1. Does she think that maybe if she is venomous enough, vindictive enough, she can somehow persuade people to do commerce with her?

2. does noise overwhelm numbers, in her mind? She must know she’s outnumbered in this, right?

3. Her astroturfing protest organizers make no bones about sacrificing their members for capitalism. Maybe she wants to think its fake news.

Anyway, I don’t trust Covid 19 to kill this person. It probably won’t even slow her down.

7 Likes

I’m not sacrificing my home, food on the table, all of our docs and dentists, every form of pleasure (museums, zoos, restaurants), all my kids’ teachers in order to make other people comfortable.

No, you’re sacrificing our docs, dentists, workers at your places of pleasure and our kids teachers to make yourself comfortable.

38 Likes

I just read that article. It’s well intentioned and reasonable. She is Jewish and suggests that it’s possible to defeat Neo-Nazis one at a time, through showing humanity. And the article is published in a Jewish journal.

She seems like a different person to the woman behind that tweet.

23 Likes

Well, it looks like she caught a bad case of Karen-itis first, and I’d hate to think of the two combining into something worse…and spreading. :thinking:

4 Likes

She’s already dead inside.

8 Likes

“I’m not sacrificing… our docs and dentists… my kids’ teachers,” says woman who is, in fact, stating her willingness to sacrifice exactly all those people, and more.

I suddenly had “Some people call me the space cowboy, some call me the grandma killer,” running through my head.

14 Likes

Well, just tweeting “stay inside” isn’t going to get the clicks she wants, is it?

2 Likes

You’re not supposed to do that. You’re supposed to jump to conclusions and hate her more based just on the title of her article.

8 Likes

No, you’re supposed to recognize that this woman is an abject hypocrite as demonstrated by her monumental cognitive dissonance, something @Mercenary_Garage did quite aptly IMHO.

17 Likes

Grandmatricide just sounds so much bigger than regular, boring matricide.

12 Likes

Again, people who say we need to sacrifice the sick, the old, the weak for the sake of the strong are absolutely endorsing stuff the actual fucking Nazis said.

And fuck the fucking Nazis.

20 Likes

I wonder if she realizes that it could be one of her kids. But she get’s to own the libs while doing it.

5 Likes

Like grand larceny as opposed to regular larceny.

8 Likes
30 Likes