You can run around the edge of the Zhongyuan Tower skyscraper attached to a harness

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/25/you-can-run-around-the-edge-of-the-zhongyuan-tower-skyscraper-attatched-to-a-harness.html

6 Likes

6 Likes

I’d have to invent a new form of ultraprofanity to express just how much I would not do that.

13 Likes

I’ve done the EdgeWalk at the CN 4 times - absolutely love it.

The first time, I was down in the room where you get suited and harnessed, and the previous group returned. One couple must have been about 80+ each, they were retrieving their walking frames while telling us how wonderful it had all been.

I believe they also have a special wheelchair rig for people who need that - so good :+1::+1::+1:

Oh, and the crew are always hilarious. Sadly, they don’t play (in)appropriate tunes at the top like they did when I first walked: Tom Petty “Learning To Fly”, Van Halen “Jump” etc :grin:

6 Likes

That hanging over the edge image is more what I expected based on the title. The walk in the original video I’d happily do without a harness

5 Likes

Have fun with that! I’m going to go lay face down on the floor and hang on for dear life now. :smiley:

6 Likes

I rappelled, I don’t think this would bother me too much. China-level safety inspection, Nope!

1 Like

No Way Reaction GIF

4 Likes

“ You can run around the edge of the Zhongyuan Tower skyscraper attached to a harness”

Run? That’s undignified.

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.