You will fail

Source for that copypasta?

2 Likes

Did you really type that with a straight face? Or did I miss the /s tag?

1 Like

They didn’t bother with that, just went straight back to old-fashioned gaslighting.

5 Likes

Sadly real snowflakes melt faster than these pissweasels are taking to do it.

4 Likes

That’s the Daily Mail’s take.
Here’s the NYT:

The accounting office said similar pranks were reported in prior transitions, including the one from Mr. Bush’s father to Mr. Clinton in 1993. ‘‘We were unable to conclude,’’ it said, ‘‘whether the 2001 transition was worse than previous ones.’’

7 Likes

In the not too distant future, there will be deep analysis of how and why the trump administration failed, and the answer will surely be: “Because of the post-it notes.”

3 Likes

There is only one way to “succeed” with Trump, as Trump betrays all of his minions. And that is to never, never do anything that can be seen as not putting Trump 100% ahead of anything else you do.

Betsy DeVos understands this.

2 Likes

20 Likes

6 Likes

Keep in mind, this is the federal government calculating these costs. $13-14k is probably two desks and a file cabinet.

4 Likes

The Daily Fail. Right. So…Stephanie Grisham isn’t the first Republican to lie about Democrats vandalizing the White House? Good to know.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, they’ll post a obviously-fake picture of a post it from yesterday and 40% of the country will take it as gospel. It’ll all be the fake news media’s fault for ignoring this huge story.

2 Likes

Sure, because it’s actually Obama and his admin that’s well known for its pettiness and complete lack of professionalism.

O_o

Seriously though; if such a thing had ever actually happened it would have been all over FB & Twitter for the last 2+ years, nonstop…

I agree that this is yet another piss-poor ‘smoke and mirrors’ attempt meant to distract the public’s attention.

11 Likes

In the UK, outgoing Chancellors used to leave “amusing” notes for their replacements. Just a little in-joke between colleagues. That’s until Liam Byrne’s “I’m afraid there is no money” note got brandished in front of the media by Cameron. So that doesn’t happen any more, and Conservatives still go on about it today.

That’s why I don’t believe this story. (a) Obama staffers aren’t stupid enough to give a hostage to fortune like that, and (b) Trump staffers would have had it in front of the media immediately.

8 Likes

And this is Salon’s

7 Likes

Did they leave the notes IN the books? How did anyone find out?

9 Likes

Frankly, I’m not surprised either. But then again, even if someone did complain, it’s not like right-wing media to shriek for years about it like outraged old ninnies. So, we probably wouldn’t have heard about it anyway.

3 Likes

Stephie wasn’t there. ‘She’ didn’t come into the White House after President Obama and his staff left. Stephie is a liar, just like her boss.

2 Likes

The other big tell: these people, who gleefully will feign the slightest injury and yowl with pain to the refs whenever they can, are only now complaining about it?

What a weak, weak attempt.

The only believable part is that predecessors might have realised just how raw and unprepared their successors would be, and left notes like “The coffee machine is not a K-cup. Please remember to put whole beans in the hopper on the left side, otherwise you will fail to make coffee.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.