Young Earth Creationist will run Arizona Senate education panel

Ah, yes…the adventures of Florida Man…the world’s worst Super Hero.

2 Likes
Florida Man Rams Car Into Jail, Says He "Just Wanted to Visit Friends”

Stick that in your “Young Earth Creationist” hole, AZ Senate!

3 Likes

I’m trying to think of a suitable simile. But I can’t think of something more extreme than “That’s like getting a young earth creationist to run your education board!”

2 Likes

Appointing a homeopath head of thoracic surgery?

2 Likes

“Education” in the 1984 sense, I guess.

Because this is definitely doubleplus ungood for students’ prospects for learning

4 Likes

Unless they are facing a hiring preference for aggressive ignorance :slight_smile:

I have misgivings about the term “young Earth creationist” when it inadvertently associates the word “young” with someone better described as “stale”, “dowdy” or “hair by K-Mart”. Perhaps “Bible simpleton” would serve better?

3 Likes

But it is useful to differentiate them from old earth creationism that are not as crazy as the young earth creationism

1 Like

young earth creationist-- God created the earth and all life on it about 6000 years ago. (Answer’s in Genesis)
old earth creationist-- God created all life on earth, pretty much individually, and not as “Darwin” claimed, but the earth is older than 6000 years. (sort of a more explicitly theological version of intelligent design)

1 Like

Sometimes a hyphen makes all the difference: young-Earth creationist.

Now if you’ll excuse me…

2 Likes

Look at the dimwit that’s the head of the Congressional Science committee. What a joke. I weep for the future.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.