YouTube bans 6 channels for hate speech, white supremacists Stefan Molyneux, David Duke, and Richard Spencer among them

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/29/youtube-bans-racist-azzholes.html

“We have strict policies prohibiting hate speech on YouTube.”

6 Likes

So basically, everybody saw the advertising exodus that Facebook is suffering right now and decided to pull the closest possible fire alarm in an attempt to look like they’re taking the problem more seriously than Zuck is.

28 Likes

Even though looooooong overdue, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these a-holes went a little farther than usual to purposely get banned so they can play the bias/victim more.

4 Likes

It’s Monday. I heard they were going to do it over the weekend. On Sunday. And when FB refunded his account, it was only for $14, not the usual charge of $15 a month. So I guess (as I’ve said before) a day late and a dollar short.

6 Likes

I mean, that’s not difficult…

5 Likes

And yet, it took them this long to figure out that Richard Fucking Spencer (that’s his real middle name, true facts) was maybe not an appropriate voice to have on their platform…

12 Likes

And David Fucking (not his real middle name, IDGAF what his middle name is) Duke!

6 Likes

It’s Ernest (yeah I know YDGAF) but it makes me think Jim Varney modeled the idiot character after Duke who I’ve had to listen to far too long. He was a congressman representing New Orleans’ suburbs when I was a kid and then ran for both senate and governor (~40% of the vote for both). May none of us have to see or hear from Duke again.

4 Likes

I’m truly amazed. T_D was a fetid septic tank of acidic shit for a loooong time.

2 Likes

Yeah I gotta wonder how long they allowed a Grand Wizard of the KKK to maintain a YouTube channel before someone decided allowing such content might hurt the reputation of their platform.

11 Likes

budweiser donated many $millions to one of its political campaigns. Every time I see POC in line w/budweiser, I tell them. They invariably thank me and go grab something else while I save their place in line.

2 Likes

Politics aside, they should thank you for avoiding drinking Budweiser.

7 Likes

In their heads, they are like

Will we get a happy ending?

3 Likes

Long ago somebody recommended a vide by Molyneux, but after a couple of minutes it was pretty clear where this was going. I wonder why so many people don’t get that this libertarians and fascists often go well together.

If we make it so. But we may have to bring pitchforks and torches.

4 Likes

Having fewer Nazis is always a good thing *

When does YouTube plan to do something about Praeger U?

* Unless they are assembling themselves into a single Voltron-style, giant super Nazi; then having fewer Nazis is a bad thing.

3 Likes

I think it’s more like “Hail Hydra!” Both Spencer (National Policy Institute) and Jared Taylor (American Renaissance) have connections with the creepy old 1937 eugenics Pioneer Fund.

3 Likes

Started in 1937 by textile magnate Wickliffe Draper, the Pioneer Fund’s original mandate was to pursue “race betterment”

Nominative determinism at work. Given a name like Wickliffe Draper, how could anyone fail to become a second-rate Bond villain?

Also, it appears that racial hatred has a longer shelf life than twinkies.

6 Likes

Yeah. Bully boy groups come and go, spontaneously generating. The real damage is from the quieter lineages with access to money that persist down the years.

4 Likes

T_D had already been locked down due to numerous problems on the subreddit. It was effectively a zombie and they finally just put a bullet through the brain.

1 Like

Because they haven’t heard of this guy

Or maybe they have…

4 Likes