YouTube totally blows it on response to Steven Crowder's hate channel

Safe harbors are entirely about copyright. And they’re already doing great at “enforcing copyright” with ContentID where they automatically takedown anything with a scrap of sound or video in their database of registered works.

6 Likes

I suspect the previous poster was referring to something like s. 230 of the Communications Decency Act, the point of which is to allow service providers to engage in moderation without attracting liability.

So do you then tell YouTube’s arbitrager in particular chief to hand over his business or his money (that being wrong pronouns, probably,) or just draw a UC Regent from the top of the pile to see what you get? The Cowboy Way determination algorithm at TechBroCombinator? The ‘Governor, Governor Repurpose!’ game?

I think some big money could be had dragging YouTube up the tracks from RCMP horses too, not counting RAM falling out from the jostling. [Intel X Hemp IDF 2020 ad here] I just go to selling.event.da for that, right?

3 Likes

Please oh please kick them out. Pride doesn’t need lip-service allies who get good press while failing to put in the work.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.