Zamboni catches fire

Here Come the Warm Zambonis

3 Likes

Best line of the week:

As far as videos of Zambonis on fire go, this one is about average.

6 Likes

When I read the title I confused zamboni with a vuvuzelas.

I was expecting something like:

6 Likes

Well, that’s what you get if you don’t hand over the beer for the mouse in the beer bottle.

4 Likes

5 Likes

“They should’ve bought a Zamboni™!”

I’m a little nervous that the guy in the middle is skating over a portal.

1 Like

So I am guessing the red stuff it starts leaking is fuel and then catches fire?

Why does the first video cut when it does?

The 2nd video is right - how are they still on there? I would be like, “They don’t pay me enough for this shit.”

But if this truly average as far as Zamboni fires go… then maybe they have done this before? Get it off the ice and put it out?

5 Likes

I think that was blood.

6 Likes

“There are three things in life that people like to stare at: a flowing stream, a crackling fire, and a Zamboni clearing the ice.”

Two out of three, not bad!

6 Likes
9 Likes

Thisisfinezamboni.gif

4 Likes

The red stuff is hydraulic oil, not the best thing to have leaking as the hydraulic system provides power to the wheels. The hydraulic system is run by a propane engine, so whatever caused the hydraulic leak also caused a propane leak and then things got interesting.

5 Likes

I’m guessing it was caused by a hydraulic fluid leak. Similar to this short clip of a garbage truck getting toasty:

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s absolutely not a Zamboni.

Look at the big, square radiator grille on the front. This is an Olympia-brand ice resurfacer.

1 Like

Oh shit! Not showing that to the Ratel kit, he’ll be traumatized.

3 Likes

And now I know what a zamboni is. Word of the day!

3 Likes

I was going to say Frank Zappa album title. Or a Beefheart shouted simile.

1 Like

You people are the kind of people who ask for a Kleenex, handed a box of Puffs or generic “facial tissue” and then throw a fit saying, “I asked for a Kleenex! This is clearly not a Kleenex!”

5 Likes

2nd video asks the question the 1st video dared not: “How is he ON there?” which is exactly what I was thinking.

See, I thought you were going to go with:

4 Likes