Zoo will name a rat or roach after your ex and feed it to a snake on Valentine’s Day

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/10/zoo-will-name-a-rat-or-roach-a.html

2 Likes

Too busy having fun in my new relationships to have time to do this.

10 Likes

Is there an option to send them your ex?

5 Likes

How many roaches are named “Donald” already?

15 Likes

Living Well Is The Best Revenge - Dita Von Teese quoting George Herbert

13 Likes

Does it have to be an “ex”, and could it be a group of people, such as (ohhh… just off the top of my head) the entire GOP Congress?

14 Likes

The snakes will explode!

8 Likes

Then I shall fashion a memorial worthy of their sacrifice. Brrraaavvve snakes!

6 Likes

It’s like on one hand this seems like a pretty silly and harmless way to vent dislike for a person. On the other hand, I wouldn’t want to be the one doing the feeding. Who knows what I’d be participating in.

5 Likes

nope I’m not paying for some second rate service that wants to substitute with a rat or a cockroach…

2 Likes

All of them?

(But I came to nominate a Donald, too.)

3 Likes
3 Likes

I was thinking of another tune for people having a hard time with exes:

6 Likes

I guess I’m the only one who thinks this is cruel and in bad taste?

During our animal welfare audit by American Humane the treatment of all the animals in our care including feeders such as cockroaches mealworms, crickets and more were inspected. We proudly became Humane Certified by American Humane in 2017.

3 Likes

I wasn’t addressing the feeding. It’s the naming.

I thought they WERE the snakes.

6 Likes

I think I’ll stick to having my name on interplanetary probes, thanks.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything especially cruel about someone getting some catharsis from remotely feeding a roach named after a former abuser to some snake. But go ahead and keep assuming you know people’s lives and motivations, and judging folks you’ve never met for doing something that hurts nobody.

4 Likes

My God, what a sweet idea. There’s a certain amount twisted but harmless thought in that notion.

2 Likes