Donald Trump now fancies himself "A LIVING MARTYR" in most cringe-inducing post

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/18/donald-trump-now-fancies-himself-a-living-martyr-in-most-cringe-inducing-post.html

6 Likes

Martyr is from the Greek martur: “witness”. He’s witnessing the consequences of breaking the law.

10 Likes

In Christianity, martyrs are usually people who get beheaded or roasted alive or torn to pieces with iron pincers. That’s a little further than I wanted to go, but if he insists …

18 Likes

15 Likes

How living and martyr belong in the same fucking sentence?! You’re not believing your cause enough. You’re either dead “martyr” or alive convicted fraudster. Pick one. Can’t have the cake and eat it to.

9 Likes

“Living martyr” is a great new addition to my list of oxymorons; this particular “living martyr” is already on my list of regular morons.

12 Likes

Maybe He is actually undead…

Voting Rights GIF by guides.vote

9 Likes

Ok, but what if you were treated even worse than being killed? Because you know, no president has ever been treated worse than Donald Trump, and that includes Abraham Lincoln. So maybe he is some new kind of even-more-martyr (I want to come up with a clever name, but then it wouldn’t suit him any more).

10 Likes

A living martyr?

An animartyr?

:person_shrugging:

5 Likes
6 Likes

I dunno, the “lecherous” part is on point but it’s hard to associate Trump with “revelry.” It’s hard to imagine him being much fun at a party.

6 Likes

More like A LIVING FARTYR amirite

:rofl:

7 Likes

zombie GIF

7 Likes

If you can’t play some kind of pipe then you are not a satyr as far as I am concerned.

7 Likes

Well, a pipe is just a hollow tube through which one passes a gas to make sounds, so…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.