Trump laughably renames himself "Honest Don"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/12/trump-laughably-renames-himself-honest-don.html

6 Likes

Would you buy a used political party from this man?

39 Likes

That was my first thought too. It’s the kind of nickname associated with a particularly dodgy used car salesman.

26 Likes

It goes without saying that an honest man doesn’t have to tell people he is honest any more than a smart man has to tell people his is smart.

Lincoln never referred to himself as “Honest Abe,” because that would have made him look like a cocky jackass.

31 Likes

You know, it might stick. If you’reMAGA inclined then it’s just obvious, for the rest of us non-cult members it’s a Picasso-esque “lie that reveals the truth.”

13 Likes

Too chickenshit to show up for debates against your primary challengers, but somehow completely game to debate Biden. :thinking: Suffice it to say:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

23 Likes

Helps to be about 12,000 years old, but some of us grew up with ironic named cartoon villains versions of “Dishonest John” (or just “DJ”) as the hackneyed “Honest <name>” was already a laughing stock way back then.

13 Likes

the alliteration of Dishonest Don is riiiiiight there

13 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

tRump is Harry Wormwood, and nearly half the country is buying his junk.
Harry_Wormwood

16 Likes

Honest Don (to America) - I’m smart, you’re dumb; I’m big, you’re little; I’m right, you’re wrong, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

America - … where did we store that guillotine?

14 Likes

Honest Don’s Used Skyscrapers!

21 Likes

immediately came to my mind.

9 Likes

“Donald Trump is one of the least honest people ever to have been called a politician”

They may never finish trenching the hole to put that bar in

14 Likes

With enough out of work carpenters and other types of makers, we are not limited to the antiques!

But really, sending him to prison is preferable, in case anyone is not recognizing the joke.

8 Likes

“For the good of our now failing Nation, and in order to inform the American people of what is going on in our Country, we must immediately have a full scale debate between Crooked Joe and Honest Don. I’m ready to go, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE!”

What a shit show that would be. Can’t wait to see it! :laughing: As if I believe it would actually happen, not.

7 Likes

There are an amazing number of anagrams that this new name can generate.

I am going with “hen snot do” and no, I don’t want to be invited, thanks.

10 Likes

Don: [Italian, title of respect, from donno, literally, lord, from Latin dominus] : a powerful Mafia leader

7 Likes

Honest Ed’s discount store was a beloved Toronto landmark from 1948 to 2016.

When the store closed, people lined up to buy his distinctive signs.

22 Likes

A ho nest, is that what that thing on top of your head is?

4 Likes

Trump probably didn’t read 1984 and he probably cannot articulate what doublespeak is.
Or pronounce it for that matter.
But in what’s left of his brain he knows how to use it.

7 Likes