Trump laughably renames himself "Honest Don"

They expect the lies from him, and cheer them on.

4 Likes

I guess it was shorter than, “Smart, stable, thin, handsome, naturally tan, full-head-of-hair Don.”

Truly, he has a genius for irony. (And I don’t even think it was unintentional irony. On some level he knows what he is.)

4 Likes

would be ironic if Joy-Lud electronics used such sales methods.

6 Likes

The debate would just consist of Trump being shouty all the time until the chairperson cut his microphone. No-one’s mind would be changed.

The evidence showing Trump to be a shameless grifter was available in heaping measures in 2016 and he still got elected. It doesn’t really matter that things have got a lot worse because his followers are a cult. They worship him and don’t just ignore his flaws, they turn them into anti-Democrat conspiracy theories in their minds.

The only way to beat him is to get out the vote and beat him.

5 Likes

I know it would change few minds, but I would just be into it for the popcorn.

2 Likes

I was going to go with Wrong Don Silver, but wanted something that rhymes with silver, and then I remembered… The special rule that the one word that rhymes with silver is orange.

Wrong Don Orange.

7 Likes

i like it.

Ill Allow It GIF

4 Likes

Principles! Values! Ethics!.. Everything must go, at these low, low prices! C’mon down to Honest Don’s! You want a senator? A Supreme Court Justice? We got 'em, and you won’t believe how cheaply you can get 'em too! C’mon down to Honest Don’s, with these deals you’ll know he’s got to be demented!

11 Likes

I don’t know why, but every time I think about “Honest Don” this little tune pops into my head.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Is Trump an

or an

Or maybe he’s a bit of both.

6 Likes

Nor do I imagine he has any strings to hold him down, to make him fret nor make him frown…

2 Likes

Maybe he’s just really into punk label Honest Don’s Records, the Fat Wreck Chords subsidiary.

1 Like
3 Likes

Fixed that for you…

4 Likes

FTFY.

“nearly”??
Damned if I can think of any instance where he was honest that wasn’t an accident.

Sure, just under the following conditions:

1. Each participant is in a soundproof booth.

2. Both participants wear a shock collar around the neck. If the moderator determines an obvious lie or veering off topic during a response, then a shock is delivered.

3. Each participant has a timed interval to respond to questions, after which the microphone is automatically muted. There is a timer visible, so the participant knows how much time is left to respond.

Really, a kill switch for the microphones should have been available to the moderators of these debates since forever.

Oh, hell no… and I can’t decide if that party is the equivalent of a Pinto, a Vega, or a Chevette…

[raises hand]

Yep. And it was in black in white, too. We didn’t get a color TV until about '65 or so.

With any luck, they will be repossessed soon.
It will be sweet to see his name scraped off those buildings.

We don’t have the technology to dig a trench that deep. Eventually, you hit molten rock.

4 Likes

“Hold on to your trust.”

3 Likes

I remember Beany & Cecil! “DJ, you dirty guy!”

3 Likes

I was a teeny tot when this was on, so I only remember Cecil licking Beany in the show’s opening… and my (likely very irritating) regular announcements that Cecil had suction cups for nostrils.

From wiki (stuff I don’t remember): [Dishonest John’s] catchphrase is his sinister laugh, “Nya-ah-ãhh!”, and he occasionally refers to Cecil as a “tall toad”, “worm” or “big salami” (referring to his big, limbless body). :rofl:

3 Likes

But… but… h3 wAz 4 suCeszFul BuzNezSman! i SaW hIm oN Tv!!! /s

2 Likes