Everyday wear spacesuit jacket

[Permalink]

That looks fairly cool, but I’m not paying $236 for a poly jacket.

But it’s white and will always stay pristine with it’s authentic patches!

2 Likes

“Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they’re so frightfully clever. I’m really awfully glad I’m a Beta, because I don’t work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don’t want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They’re too stupid to be able …”

4 Likes

…a Tyvek and silver nylon masterpiece that’s inspired by astronaut EVA suits and satellite insulation."

I tried making an architecture-themed jacket based on a similar idea but it turned out to be really itchy.

2 Likes

If their Tyvek is “breathable,” they’re doing it wrong.

1 Like

Pink insulation and real-estate bubble-wrap? Toll Brothers Jacket?

I suggested a vagisoft union suit with a disco access panel a while back, but they were having none of it, so I’m not backing this.

1 Like

I thought the same thing when I read “Light, breathable, resilient DuPont Tyvek shell” on the illustration, but perhaps it’s just a comment on the unbearable lightness of breathing.

Take the USA flag off and i’m sold :slight_smile:

No one wants to look like an insulated satelite. Can I get one with shuttle tile insulation instead?

1 Like

Well, do note the number of holes punched in it by the quilting process.

Brought to you by the douche-nozzles responsible for “[Santa the Hutt][1]” - their witty, pointed commentary on how excess is disgusting* and so are fat people. And fabric named after women’s genitals.

*Note: $200 hoodies are not “excess.” Because technology!
[1]: http://boingboing.net/2013/12/02/santa-the-hutt-grotesque-phot.html

Or there’s this offering from ThinkGeek…

http://www2.dupont.com/Tyvek_Different_Protection/en_GB/properties/breathability.html

$200 hoodies are closer to small-batch, fair-wage, Made-in-America. You’re probably used to Bangladesh sweatshop prices - most folks are.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.