George Zimmerman: I am a victim, a fallen soldier, Christlike

Well the best example of political correctness is of course religion, where every aspect of expression is tightly regulated and chronic outrage is mandatory.

2 Likes

I donā€™t recall that term being used in connection with Zimmerman either and who cares if it was? The guy is not guilty or innocent because of his race. The only people I ever saw mention Zimmermanā€™s race were people defending Zimmerman, as if it mattered. E.g. ā€œHe canā€™t be a racist because heā€™s part hispanic,ā€ which is about the most irrelevant and stupid commentary ever. Anything Obama said about it is also totally irrelevant.

The dude admitted to shooting an unarmed kid. People bringing Zimmermanā€™s race or Obama into the discussion are just trying to deflect from that simple, undeniable fact.

8 Likes

Chrsit-like as when Jesus said ā€œSuffer the little children come to unto me that I might light them up.ā€

1 Like

Aside from the question of how one ā€œkills fuckā€ (unless, you know, he/she is really a fatty fat fat), the theological interpretation I remember from one of the days I didnā€™t sneak out of Sunday school is that because God created us, when he kills us it isnā€™t murder.

Yeah, I know. It made me feel slightly drunk at the time too.

Itā€™s on the census form, many other government forms, school forms, etc.

3 Likes

Dang it! Iā€™ve already awarded the internet for today to someone else, and here you come with this pitch-perfect coinage.

Iā€™m still trying to wrap my head around the juxtaposition of ā€œrationalā€ with those two polarizing and polar opposites as a rhetorical device. Iā€™ve had either to much or or too little homebrew at this time for enlightenment.

But Iā€™m going to chew on the idea until I get something out of it.

Respect to you also!

4 Likes

My God orders me to kill every day. Lucky for you, Iā€™m an atheist, though every so often, I am tempted to embrace faith.

5 Likes

This is a simple misunderstanding:

In the sentence [quote]I, the LORD, your God, command you to kill the living fuck out of thine enemies and blowest them to tiny bits.[/quote] the words ā€œliving fuckā€ are an adverbial phrase which modifies the verb ā€œto kill.ā€

No fucks are threatened. This is an injunction to commit killing in a particularly thorough way.

This grammar lesson was brought to you by my tenth grade English teacher who would be astounded to learn that I remembered this, and horrified at how I applied it.

Note: no mockingbirds were harmed in the typing of this post.

4 Likes

Not believing you until you produce a theologically correct sentence diagram.

3 Likes

BoingBoing, FUCK YOU for allowing a post that says a ā€œrational societyā€ would murder Zimmerman or any damn one else. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU! That this post actually made it up on BoingBoing or stayed up for more than a minute once it didā€¦wellā€¦FUCK YOU! Rational societies do not advocate murder. BTW, did I say ā€œFUCK YOU!ā€?

1 Like

I know thereā€™s a lot of outrage directed at this remark, but I took it as a tongue-in-cheek reference to a Hannibal Lecter quote from Thomas Harrisā€™ novel Red Dragon:

ā€œAny rational society would either kill me or give me my books.ā€

Later adapted in the film version to

ā€œA rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.ā€

So everybody chill a little, maybe.

9 Likes

Chill? Here? Dream on!

7 Likes

Zimmerman is white? Looks kinda Hispanic to me.

Mind you, if he was, heā€™d probably have gotten the chair.

1 Like

The apologetic line of garbage in my family growing up was ā€œgod is morality. He doesnā€™t have to follow any rules because what he does is always right.ā€ At least thatā€™s when I kept bringing up the book of Job and pointing out that godā€™s betting with satan, but god says itā€™s a sin to gamble. Also all that stuff where god tosses a righteous man to the devil for his own prideā€™s sakeā€¦ And a number of other things.

I was 8. My dad eventually threatened to make me live with the bastard atheist family down the street if I didnā€™t shut up about it.

Iā€™m an atheist now. Thatā€™ll show him to try to teach me garbage :wink:

6 Likes

Darn, there goes my Invulnerable Ignorance :frowning:

1 Like

Who are you to tell ME to ā€œdream onā€?!!!

2 Likes

Inconceivable!

After years of playing Sims and Civ games, I totally understand the manic of the building stages and favoritism of one tribe thatā€™s located in the center of the map.

p.s. fuck the child killer though.

2 Likes

Am pretty sure that the church has gotten around this for ages by going, hey, it sez murder. Killing is a whole nother thing.

1 Like

Too bad you didnā€™t take him up on it. Sounds like you were forced to grow up with verbal and emotional abuse to me.

1 Like