Gingerbread Enterprise

[Permalink]

Suspending the whole thing with the candycane phaser is really quite brilliant.

1 Like

Giant space amoeba approves!

1 Like

Phasers set to sugar coma…

3 Likes

Until you realise Kirk and the rest of those mongrels have ignored the prime directive and blown the Candy and Marshmallow peoples to smithereens.

2 Likes

It was in a higher interest. When you’re making an icing you have to melt some chocolate.

1 Like

Best Gingerbread house … errr ship, EVER!!! LOVE IT!!!

** :stuck_out_tongue:

Using the candycane phaser beam to support the starship is brilliant, but from experience I know there has to be some internal bracing of some type for the rest of it. I wouldn’t mind an Instructable on this, or at least something that shows how they keep those thin sections from flexing and breaking.

“Ye cannae change th’ laws of Physics!”

2 Likes

This is about the same size as the 1/350 scale plastic model of the NCC-1701 refit, but the gingerbread is not simply placed on the surface of a built kit - if it was, the saucer and the nacelle supports would be noticeably thicker. I do think the model was used as a rough guide for cutting and shaping the cookie parts.

Even the styrene model of the Enterprise would have a hard go of being supported by the saucer section. There is some impressive engineering going on under the surface.

If you like this, how about making a green candy apple replica of Vulcan?

2 Likes

The rectangular nacelles suggest it’s the NCC-1701-A

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.