mother of Thorkel Braggart, the slayer of Cudround the powerful, who
knew Howal, son of Geernon, son of Erik from Valdalesc, son of Arval
Gristlebeard, son of Harken, who killed Bjortguaard in Sochnadale in
Norway over Cudreed, daughter of Thorkel Long, the son of
Kettle-Trout, the half son of Harviyoun Half-trolley, father of Ingbare
the Brave, who with Isenbert of Gottenberg the daughter of Hangbard
the Fierce

4 Likes

Hmmm… I recall North Malden figuring more prominently in that story.

1 Like

Well, their decision to all become bankers, fund managers and forex traders didn’t work out so well. Hey, why not all become authors? How hard could it be? That whole fishing for a living thing is so last century.

Clearly, there’s more at work here, but I’m guessing that the outdoors not being habitable 9 months of the year plays a role?

1 Like

That’s amazing and rather wonderful. I think about Iceland quite a bit when thinking about media, because as a small, fairly recently developed country with its own language, Iceland is in an interesting position. They don’t have a big enough population to support a lot of film and television work, etc. (it’s really amazing there’s any Icelandic films), limiting the forms of native media that are possible, and it has to limit how much dubbing and translating can be done of foreign work as well. This cultural focus on stories and lineages has obviously had the more significant impact, but it seems like books would have a more central place in the Icelandic media diet than other developed nations even without that dynamic.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.