"Kari Lake is in big trouble" - Supreme Court rejects her attempt to dismiss defamation lawsuit against her

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/07/kari-lake-is-in-big-trouble-supreme-court-rejects-her-attempt-to-dismiss-defamation-lawsuit-against-her.html

26 Likes

Hooray!!

Bill Hader Reaction GIF

32 Likes

Arizona Supreme Court ≠ “Supreme Court.”

21 Likes

Growing up, I always thought of the Supreme Court as this big, impartial, apolitical body that figured out the ins and outs of tricky or badly written laws in the interest of all Americans.

The last part has been completely blown to shreds over the past decade but I’m also amazed at how our politicians feel the need to take everything to the SC, and they agree rather than saying “this is political junk, no”.

16 Likes

She will be forced to turn over her emails, texts and documents about her strategy, speeches, plans, etc., which may include indications she knew what she said about Richer were lies. She will be forced to turn over audio recordings, which we now know she keeps, of conversations with others about her conspiracy theory lies.

36 Likes

Doesn’t she get immunity for doing things while imagining she’s governor?

39 Likes

“She will be forced to turn over audio recordings, which we now know she keeps, of conversations with others about her conspiracy theory lies.”

@Shuck

11 Likes

Sure she does…imaginary immunity.

19 Likes

They both were packed by a Republican executive, though, so I can see the resemblance.

10 Likes

16 Likes

Correction: That’s Prince George’s Co., Maryland.

6 Likes

I’ve been tellin’ you your whole life, don’t talk on the fuckin phone, right

GoodFellas-Diner-by-Live-the-Movies-11

13 Likes

I wonder if she’ll try to appeal to the US Supreme Court now. She’d have to be making a free speech argument for that to even be considered. I doubt SCOTUS would pick it up, but that appeal could certainly delay thing.

8 Likes

Happy Stephen Colbert GIF

11 Likes

Holy moly, what a stupid way to run a country.

7 Likes

There’s a reason why the average non-MAGA Arizona resident uses the nickname ‘douchie’ when referring to him.

And it’s very insulting… to the concept of a douche. /sarcasm

7 Likes

Can’t quite explain why, but Kari Lake fascinates me. She’s one of my top five Trumpkins I would say.

1 Like

Do you have a list of favorite cancers as well? What about varieties of drain clogs?

7 Likes

I keep watching how reality comes calling for her and others in MAGA world-- Giuliani, Alex Jones, 1000+ insurrectionists, and Trump himself.

The entire movement relies on hurling bullshit at a rate faster than we can clean it up, but sometimes the bullshit splatters back and hits them right in the face.

9 Likes

I think my top 5 Trumpkin list would be something like:

Scaramucci
Don Jr
Kellyanne Conway
That guy who ran EPA for a while
Kari Lake

Each for their different reasons I would say.
(Edit: I forgot Giuliani. What the hell was I thinking)

3 Likes