Music: "I Don't Wanna Grow Up," Tom Waits (1992)

[Permalink]

The entire reason i first got into Tom Waits. Then i promptly fell down the rabbit hole and went looking all his previous stuff and have been listening since.

4 Likes

Tracking this thread in the hopes other people will post rare Tom Waits videos I haven’t seen yet.

1 Like

Yes. Money’s just something you throw off the back of a train. http://youtu.be/hdyscH9TsnA

Is this the one he wrote for the Toys “R” Us commercial?

Here’s my first shot!

2 Likes

Now that’s what I’m talking about! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty horrible context for him (the laughter and eyebrown-raising during his song was cringe inducing), but he comes off even funnier after all than Mull and, uh, Ward? Is that Fred Ward? Shows the acting chops he went on to use in some dandy films.

Spoiler: The devil? That was really Tom Waits too. It’s like Sixth Sense.

We’ve got lots of friends who have jockeyed their kids into the right school so that they would grow up to be mathematicians or scientists or engineers or perhaps symphony musicians, so I fret secretly sometimes about whether we’re not doing enough to ensure our kids’ futures because they just attend the local public school. But when I saw this I thought, now, how do we get our kids to end up like that? Maybe a boring neighborhood public school is just the thing?

Comedian Fred Willard. More recently he’s been in a number of Christopher Guest’s mockumentaries, like Waiting for Guffman.

Fred Ward is the actor from movies including The Right Stuff, Tremors, and an 80’s movie I watched way too many times, Remo Williams.

1 Like

Bearing in mind that nature snubbed him cruelly by denying him Korean birth, I am not entirely dissatisfied.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.