NBC fires Ronna McDaniel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/26/nbc-fires-ronna-mcdaniel.html

22 Likes

Sheesh, that was quick. Can I have the brain cells I spent on that whole fiasco back?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

36 Likes

26 Likes

I wonder what the blandly tactful, corporate way is to say “We’re firing you because everyone hates you and hiring you to begin with was an incredibly stupid thing to do but we thought nobody would notice.”

39 Likes

I’m sure she’ll still make off with a nice paycheck for signing that contract but at least she won’t be getting a new platform.

24 Likes

Sure would love to find out who thought this was a good idea in the first place.

14 Likes

Who hired her in the first place? That’s where the next axe should fall.

17 Likes

From CNN:

The on-air revolt ensnared NBC’s top leaders, including NBCUniversal News Group chair Cesar Conde, NBC News president Rebecca Blumenstein and senior vice president of politics Carrie Budoff Brown, who were responsible for McDaniel’s hiring. MSNBC president Rashida Jones also did not object to the decision, people familiar with the matter said.

The gig was payback for McDaniel giving NBC exclusive access to the Biff-less Republican debates no-one cared about.

20 Likes

No organization can survive clueless management, either.

What a bullshit non-apology.

Prove it!
Resign now.

…crickets…

Thought so.

25 Likes

Also reported was that CAA dropped her as a client as well (after shopping her around). Think it was in a NYT article.

10 Likes

So she was fired in how many Scaramuccis?

24 Likes

About 10% of a lettuce

25 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

13 Likes

She did not deliver Fuckface.

WTF?

2 Likes

“Talent” in this context is just a term of art meaning “anyone who is there to appear on camera.”

Presence of any discernible talent in the other, more common sense, is not required.

15 Likes

And what’s the betting she‘ll still bank thousands upon thousands of dollars because of some bullshit severance clause?

6 Likes

(Sung to My Sherona)

“Bye-yi-yi-yi-yi - woo! B-b-b-b-b-bye Ronna!”

3 Likes

Ah, I comprehend. The people not appearing on camera, doing the actual work, have skills and training. By a process of elimination, the people who do appear on camera must have something else.

I hear Walmart is hiring.

A job from a rich republican donors.

10 Likes
9 Likes