NYPD program to spy on Muslims has been disbanded

[Permalink]

Muslims are now on double secret probation.

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. There is a new, much more liberal, mayor in town, and this is probably on his orders. Not to say that Muslims and the NYPD are going to be the best of friends from now on, but changing a toxic leadership does actually make things better from time to time.

The NYPD is a force unto itself. If you think it’s taking orders from the new mayor i have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

4 Likes

So the FBI has taken the reins then? No way this program is entirely disbanded. ‘Shifted’ would be more like it.

The NYPD program, which sowed seeds of hostility and mistrust, was the “brainchild” of a CIA officer, and was criticized by a senior FBI official, who should certainly know about sowing seeds of hostility and mistrust.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. If these guys ever got their acts together, they might actually be dangerous to someone besides the civilians they “protect.” As it is, they are just an enormous waste of money.

1 Like

In the future, we all have the same opportunity to surveil and be surveiled

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.