Parents of Buddhist student sue "Bible Belt" Louisiana school over forced prayer, religious discrimination

Wait… do your friends think liberals only come from other countries? What?

Also, where is this HS that wanted to have an Murica monday, cause I think I’d like my kid to go there. Except of course, they didn’t allow it at the end of the day, so never mind.

I once dated this guy who was really into anarchism in HS, and he used to sit down during the pledge, or turn his back. once he burned a flag at the flag pole… And he went to the most redneck-y of schools in the county.

Thetre you go, with your ‘ans’ again… :stuck_out_tongue:

I used it correctly! Merica gets an… America gets a big fat nuke to drop on your country! :wink:

1 Like

By definition, Real True Americans are always Republicans. Anyone else must be an illegal immigrant, sent here to destroy our glorious Christian-God-Given country.

4 Likes

If there’s one place for God in the world, it’s for appealing to him/her/it for relief from school lunches.

[quote=“Daedalus, post:33, topic:22133”]Akbar’s Maxim applies. It’s a trap.[/quote]I am sorely disappointed to find that this is (even with the “Ackbar” spelling variant) apparently not yet a phrase in wider usage.

3 Likes

What was your response when accused of Satan worship?

Because, Merica, Fox News, guns, bible, duck dynasty…?

I remain baffled that Christians of this stripe cannot look at their own actions and draw parallels to the Taliban, or any other religious fundamentalists. How do they not see this?

Because those people are foreigners.

6 Likes

No competition more bitter than between essentially interchangeable vendors of nearly the same goods.

3 Likes

Catholic vs. Protestant, Sunni vs. Shiite, Coke vs. Pepsi…

They accused me, I denied it, they insisted, and after a couple of rounds, I told them Satan worship was protected under the First Amendment. They sent me back to class at that point, and I never heard about it again.

This was during the Satanic Panic, and although the school staff was almost 100% fundamentalist, it’s worth noting that the accusing teacher was later diagnosed with schizophrenia.

2 Likes

ladies ladies ladies… you were all born into sin, if you weren’t then WTF are you doing praying in church?! proceed directly to heaven, do not pass Go, do not collect $200!!

1 Like

I’ve met plenty of people who say thanks a bunch, and mean it sincerely. Always throws me.

You know me, I’ve got nothing against foreigners, some of my best friends are foreigners, but these particular foreigners aren’t from this village!

2 Likes

They did allow it after Fox News whipped up a frenzy. It’s still not clear why it was banned - Fox news says it was because multiculturalism, the administration says poor taste.

That whole thing sounds like a clusterfuck of epic proportions… just like the land we love.

2 Likes

I guess they feared a lawsuit, since they saw you were aware enough to mention the first amendment.

Also, the West Memphis 3 were thought to be Satanists (but they were Wiccans), and they were in rural Arkansas. Though it was slightly after Satanic Panic, in the early 90s.

Kids, remember to sin, otherwise Jesus died for nothing.
-Ricky Gervais

9 Likes

I suppose that explains Birthers as well as anything.