Policeman busted for establishing fake police station and nude teen photos

[Permalink]

Seriously Pesco, no need to be so circumspect. From the WCPO story:

When the police searched the apartment in late September, they found a bed, bedding, food, personal lubricant, videos and a night vision camera that was property of the Cincinnati Police Department.

Protect and Serve.

5 Likes

hopefully the police wonā€™t use the badge to protect the perv

2 Likes

Oh good, now weā€™re famous for something besides that dusty old orchestra.

2 Likes

Well, there goes that campaign.

3 Likes

Nonsense! It wasā€¦ performance art! Yea, thatā€™s it, performance art!

2 Likes

In his August 2013 performance evaluation, Beavers exceeded all core and patrol performance standards, but only met standards in two categories: evidence management and compliance with policies and procedures.

Eh? He exceeded all standards, but failed to meet all but two standards?

Nope, read that as ā€˜all core standardsā€™ and ā€˜all patrol performance standardsā€™, which are two categories, apparently there are other categories.

1 Like

From Pescoā€™s old stomping grounds. I agree the night vision camera and sex lube are significant. In addition, earliest reports stated the case began when Carlos Danger pictures of Darrell Beavers were found by the girlā€™s father on her phone.

Donā€™t hold your breath about any actual consequences. Heā€™s only facing 8 years. Five years is the sentence Julian Steele ended up getting for intimidation and coercing actual sex, and he gets to serve it in a facility safe for cops. The charges against Steel carried a possible 70 years (http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?s=10424290). My money says in Cincinnati, Beavers gets probation and his job back through arbitration.

More on Julian Steele: http://www.policemisconduct.net/the-case-officer-julian-steele/

1 Like

I had to read that sentence like three times, but I think what it means is that he (1) exceeded core and patrol performance standards, but (2) merely met (but did not exceed) evidence management and compliance standards.

3 Likes

Yeah, after several more inspections, I think youā€™re right. Should be something like ā€œBeavers exceeded all core and patrol performance standards, but in two other categories he only met standardsā€¦ā€

Terrible sentence.

Protect and service?

1 Like

Interestingly this implies that neither evidence management nor compliance with policy standards are considered ā€œcoreā€ to performance.

1 Like

Eh. I imagine ā€œcoreā€ just means ā€œwhatever doesnā€™t fit in the other three categories.ā€

Is anybody else struck by the fact that ā€˜the thin blue lineā€™ would be a workable brand name for a specialty line of mechanical barrier prophylaxis products?

3 Likes

With a name like Beavers, is it really any wonder? Itā€™s like with Anthony Wienerā€¦perhaps the too of them should form a singing duo.

1 Like

Orchestra??? I thought Cincinnati would be more famous for WKRP.

3 Likes

Impersonating a police officer is illegal. But this guy is a police officer; he was impersonating a police station.

1 Like

New Scientist call it nominative determinism.

Just like Doctor Who.