Republicans use cropped frame from Foley execution footage in campaign ad

[Permalink]

The Republicans won’t change crap in Washington… at least not anything that was in that video. You can take almost that exact same video and make one exactly like it for Bush’s reign… and the American people (yes, I am one of them) are gonna turn around and elect another President that does the same things as the Presidents before him or her…

3 Likes

“Vote for me. . . OR ELSE!”

Stay classy, GOP.

9 Likes

I love how there is never a mention of Democrats doing stupid stuff on here. Both sides seem to to stupid stuff in about equal numbers…

I should also mention that this was “one Republican.” It is much easier to demonize people when you assign the actions of one as a failing of the entire group.

2 Likes

There are enough former Republicans on this site to belie your complaint. Stupid is as stupid does: the balance between the parties of egregious-level stupid has shifted weight substantially to only one side.

8 Likes

wah wah wah for weh weh weh.

1 Like

Yeah, but there’s stupid, and then there’s evil.

3 Likes

I like how the corner tracking cross-hairs were left on the laptop at the end.

Possibly true, but this site only shows the screw-ups of the other side :wink:

1 Like

Of course we will, because the only options the oligarchs will give us are more of the same or much more of the same.

1 Like

I’d like to see your proof.

2 Likes

I think we may require proof of this. I only see the GOP doing this kind of egregious baiting.

1 Like

Here is a fun one: trying to use fear of ebola to get votes:

Here is a great quote from a nice lady who thinks that the government should not be open – democratic member of congress from DC:

The last time I checked, Africa was not a nation, but a continent.

Our own first lady said: “So, yeah, there’s too much money in politics. There’s special interests that have too much influence.” and then followed that up with “There is something you can do right now today to make a difference, and that is to write a big, fat check. I kid you not, I’m going to be honest with you. That’s what we need you to do right now. We need you to write the biggest, fattest check that you can possibly write.” I wonder if she even noticed the irony.

Another Reid quote – and a complete lie…

I could go on, but this is enough for now. Both sides have stupid people, and both sides say stupid things.

1 Like

I don’t see anyone here doing anything on the level of using the beheading of someone as fodder for a political ad. Did I miss it?

5 Likes

@albill beat me to it, but I wanted to note that yes, Michelle Obama (salutatorian of her HS class and member of the National Honor Society, graduated cum laude at Princeton and then got her JD at Harvard) most certainly did notice the irony, whereas you are failing to note the context of her particular statement.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what the right does, all the time. I think it may even be their primary strategy – decontextualize in order to demonize, and rely on the unwillingness of most people to find out or even wonder about the actual context.

6 Likes

I’m thrilled I wasn’t the only person to notice that.

High production value and attention to detail there.

1 Like

Read the text of the post. Or even the the title. A cropped frame from the execution footage was used in the ad. Menacing jihadist holding a blade.

Would this be a good time to remind the Republicans that it was their political pressure that ensured the CIA sent weapons shipments to Syrian rebels without any vetting? Anyone remember John McCain shaking hands with them, calling them “freedom fighters?”

Here’s a picture of an ISIS fighter about to massacre a bunch of Iraqis:

What weapon is he holding? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: