Reviews for a "Sexy PhD" costume

At some level the “sexy-x” Halloween costume isn’t so much about objectification by others as it is about the person wearing it experimenting with a greater degree of sexuality than they are normally comfortable with. If they enjoy it great. If they don’t they can step back and say “That wasn’t really me, it was a costume, a role I was playing.”

1 Like

Great so we’re so repressed that only a dissociative state and a cheap “sexy popcorn” costume can excuse a short skirt?

1 Like

Sexy Pizza Couple have an excellent '70s paleo-future vibe going on, mind.

3 Likes

I rather imagine that there’s footage of sexy smurfs from, ah, the other side of the Hollywood sign, let’s say that pre-dates BBT… :smiley:

1 Like

It’s not so much about the costume giving one “permission” to wear a sexy outfit as about the sexy costume giving one “permission” to ACT sexy, IMHO. Most of us aren’t that comfortable with being overtly sexual. Of course it’s also about signaling that in the context of the particular party that one is comfortable with being regarded as sexy…Not to many people wearing these to work, I think. Unless their work involves pole dancing.

1 Like

I will just leave this here…

6 Likes

For @donald_Petersen?

3 Likes

Lol what. There was no condescension in the original points, but there sure has been in your comments. The projection is bright! Blinding, almost!

And don’t be a martyr, jeez. And stop with the straw man. I never told you to shut up.

sheeple!

2 Likes

Oh God listen to yourself…

I am a robot. What did you expect?

5 Likes

See, I might nod and agree if we were talking about costumes being made by the wearers. Since the issue is over the commercial offerings wherein 90% of what’s being sold as “women’s” costumes are “Sexy whatever” that actually does fall under objectification. (For point of reference, we were at a kink event on Saturday where none of the costumes intended to be sexy were bought at a store. Go figure, huh?)

4 Likes

Not that I’m not bored to death with this nice little chat but for the record my comment was not directed at you or anyone else except Cory. You’ve drawn yourself into the centre of it. The projection is bright! Blinding, almost!

If people didn’t buy them they wouldn’t sell. And I suspect that most of the are bought by the person who is planning on wearing it rather than by a boyfriend. But it’s really no surprise that people who take their kink seriously would steer clear of super cheap, won’t last one evening costuming.

That’s cuz I’m a PC robot sheeple.

1 Like

check out his credentials!

As an actual woman who has attempted to shop for Halloween costumes, I stopped trying, because the only choice nowadays is “sexy”.

the graphic designer on the sexy mens pizza costume was pretty darn lazy. the mushrooms and green peppers aren’t even to scale with the peperoni or olives and are illustrated clipart while the other two are photographs.

how hard would it be to use an image of an actual slice of pizza? $1.50, click, expense your lunch.

at least the womans costume had a little effort put into it, a crust collar, applique toppings, etc.

1 Like

I actually agree. And the strawberry dress could be a cute inspiration for a dress if done right. Now I want pizza.

1 Like

This could be construed as maybe being a little condescending, if the lighting is not quite right.

1 Like

If I can find a sexy politically correct sheeple robot costume that’ll fit me, we can go to Hallow’een parties together. I hear Rush Limbaugh has a house party. We should totally crash it.

2 Likes