Sexy Mr. Rogers costume

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/20/sexy-mr-rogers-costume.html

1 Like

No.

20 Likes

Farb. She should be wearing sneakers.

7 Likes

44 Likes

This isn’t wonderful.
This isn’t interesting.
This isn’t relevant.
It is just advertisement for apparel trash.

3 Likes

Would you say you’re disappointed?

22 Likes

The design department at Yandy must be a fun place to work.

4 Likes

Can we just agree that whatever seemingly wholesome and good thing in this world exists can and will eventually become a “sexy” adult Halloween costume from some shitty online retailer?

9 Likes

Definitely day drinking going on. Daily.

12 Likes

Well, it’s not an advertisement.

18 Likes

This one retailer in particular has a cheap but effective virality strategy.

24 Likes

I just think we all can agree that so long as their is a business model in which idiots are willing to buy this stupidity, we will get “sexy” versions of everything. Bob Ross, Mr Rogers, Big Bird, Fraggles, etc etc.

5 Likes

It was only a matter of time, I suppose. If there’s such a thing as karma [spoiler: there isn’t], this would be the costume design that resulted in the HQ being struck by catastrophe (when the building was empty, of course, because Mr. Rogers).

11 Likes

i can’t begin to count the ways i hate this.

9 Likes

It might be a corollary of Rule 34… If it exists there will eventually be a “sexy costume” version of it. (N.B. I did find a “sexy Bob Ross costume”.) Or maybe, just maybe it’s the wrong timeline thing.

10 Likes

Makes me wonder if Yandy is actually like one of those t-shirt outfits people set up. Get a bot to find popular terms on Google, use a google image search on it, do a print-to-demand run based on that.

8 Likes

If there are people out there whose main mode of personal expression is sexy outfits, gosh darn it, they also deserve an authentic way to express their grief over the loss of a modern messiah. I could think of worse kinds of neighbors to have.

3 Likes

This only works if Tom Hanks is wearing it. I mean - shouldn’t it be a guys costume anyway?

5 Likes

I have a hard time believing there’s enough of a demand for this to justify its existence. Then again, I don’t really understand why adults celebrate Halloween in the first place. Kids dress up, go trick-or-treating, and get candy. Adults just get drunk and act stupid. Nothing says ‘holiday spirit’ like seeing Barney the Purple Dinosaur noisily vomiting in a public restroom.

2 Likes

Well, at least this is easier to wrap my head around than the “sexy poop emoji” costume.

8 Likes