Be a sexy 'Happy Tree Painter' for Halloween

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/05/be-a-sexy-happy-tree-painter.html

7 Likes

Out of curiosity, I just Googled “sexy hitler halloween costume”. Sure enough…

11 Likes

I’m sorry, but this is just so bizarre, that I am 100% in favor of it.

ETA: Wait, I just noticed the lack of beard. I’m going to have to retreat to about 75% in favor of this.

36 Likes

I’m planting trees right now.

13 Likes

I read somewhere that these really strange “sexy [role, celebrity, or animated inanimate object]” costumes get bought by sororities or other organizations where the costumes are used, en masse, as a joke, a prop, as part of a theme party.

That doesn’t make me feel positively toward the creators of this travesty, but it at least makes a tiny bit of sense, at least it makes the world seem a tiny bit more explicable.

5 Likes

This stuff is becoming so bizarre that I kind of like it. A sexy Bob Ross costume seems worth a chuckle, if not a buck.

7 Likes

I’d fill that outfit very nicely.

22 Likes

The wig is cool at least (along with the squirrel). The rest is ofc a steaming pile of garbage.

2 Likes

I’ve been threatening to do “Sexy Cthulhu” for years.

36 Likes

Do it, great sexy Old One, dare you.

15 Likes

Bob Ross wore heels?

2 Likes

I’m not sure my hairy arse would really do it justice…

7 Likes

My wife bought a suffragette costume for Halloween (she’s a history teacher, and 100th anniversary of women’s suffrage in the US this year.) I joked about a sexy suffragette costume, and luckily they don’t exist commercially.

12 Likes

Threat? That sounds like a brilliant idea!

5 Likes

Steve Ross maybe.

2 Likes

“And we will put a happy little bush right here in front of these two huge tracts of land. Remember kids, wear your rain coat or you might end up with happy little accidents.”

18 Likes

Hmm - Ursula costume repainted with a mask?

2 Likes

But Bob Ross is (was, sadly) already sexy.

13 Likes

Now that you’ve made it public, expect to see it on sale this time in 2020.

14 Likes

It’s the “snap crotch opening” that really gives it all that authenticity.

7 Likes