Be a sexy 'Happy Tree Painter' for Halloween

Rule 34.

It will never disappoint.

12 Likes

Man, $69 plus shipping? ouch
Have these folks never heard of goodwill? crafts commonly found around your home?

So let’s see… old pair of jeans that don’t really fit and are ripped out in the knee and or butt cut down to make ‘ride em high daisy dukes’
cost: probably zero

Visit your local goodwill and or consignment store… there you will probably find a blue or grey denim long sleeved shirt, maybe $5 (look for grande lapels)

Could also look for a wig at the goodwill, but if you are squeamish or rolling in dough, they are like $10 on amazon (and in many colors)

Find some paints or foodstuffs you already have on hand (beets make an easy purple stain), splotch as you wish. You could use tempera paint to splotch on a beard or just use the cut beet you already used on the shirt for that ‘I’m kinda out there!’ look. Bet you have some housepaint around or a neighbor will have a bit (you only need a few smudges) a few white smudges here and there say ‘I wrestled with the gesso’

$15 and a bit of time

For a sexy Cthulhu costume… sexy red/orange hair wig ($12) a kids size Ariel costume (second hand store after halloween, just squeeze into it! maybe $10) There are Cthulhu face balaclavas in black or green (heck, get orange so you can go as sexy Zoidberg next year or unsexy Trumpthulhu the year after he’s finally put in jail). The orange mask is on amazon (aint gonna link) for $12, the black for $8.

$30 (or skip the Ariel costume and cobble together whatever not-quite-the-right-size swimwear works for you, a couple coconut shells and some string. Orange or green body paint might also be an option (note to self, wear genital covering of some kind next time, ahem)

3 Likes

Missing the sexy beard, though.

They exist. They all exist.

I mean, of course it already exists -
Good homemade:

And even cheesy mass-produced:

(Well, they claim it’s a “Sexy Cthulhu” costume, anyways.)

But… it must! … Dang, you found the one “sexy” costume that doesn’t yet exist. (I mean, there’s a “Sexy Slender Man” costume…)

15 Likes

I’ve got one of these:

So I figure I just need some neon green fishnets and a tutu.

15 Likes

You’re too late https://imgur.com/gallery/irg2y

1 Like

Where is my sexy Mr Rogers costume?

9 Likes

What?

16 Likes

Based on the template for this kind of thing, that comfy sweater and trousers probably wouldn’t cover a gnat by the time the costume designers are finished with 'em.

That puts this outfit into the category of clothing I call “Just leave it.” While wearing it, if anything I’m holding falls to the floor, repeating that phrase to myself will prevent a terrible wardrobe malfunction.

10 Likes

Shhhh! Don’t encourage them!

12 Likes

sexy-cthulu

24 Likes

Yandy. No surprise there.

Well, at least it’s not so asinine as the Sexy Handmaid (yes, as in 'Handmaid’s Tale) costume they put out a year or two ago.

3 Likes

as far as these ridiculous sexy outfits go… this is one of the least offensive.

1 Like

fhtagn!

That top one has my tentacles squirming.
(added just to get under the BB ‘you’ve not enough glyphs!’)

3 Likes

Fixed that for me.

1 Like

Paint brush not included? No problem. Just use the plush squirrel’s tail.

3 Likes

I use that as my usual euphemism.

6 Likes

Did they ever videograph him below his knees???

6 Likes

THIS is sexy “Happy Tree Painter”

8 Likes

Alien anthropologists are going to be so confused by this one- The set of steps that produced “Weird cosplay day” from a Celtic harvest festival are going to be hard to explain.

7 Likes

Why is the brush not included? What a ripoff.

1 Like