Sexy Mr. Rogers costume

It’s likely not far off. I’m sure they have a small design team with an even narrower remit, but otherwise it’s probably JIT manufacturing outside of a limited run for brick-and-mortar costume and novelty shops.

4 Likes

Is there a sexy Brexit costume yet?

10 Likes

She lost the coin toss on which model would pose for this.

8 Likes

It seems like the commercialization has stripped any possible fun out of sexy halloween costumes. There was a time in the past when if a friend of mine had made their own sexy Mr. Rogers costume I would have loved the idea as an obvious parody of the idea of sexy halloweeen costumes. But parody and irony are just commodities now and the only way out is sincerity.

13 Likes

I’m sure there’s a sexy costume for that, too.

(Googles “sexy Linus costume”)

Well, not quite, but they’re working on it!

3 Likes

There are costumes for that too!

3 Likes

16 Likes

Well, now that just makes me want to make a line of not-overtly-sexy versions of typical “sexy” costumes…anyone want to go as Business Casual Catwoman this year? Overworked Nurse? Elizabeth Boop, Data Input Associate?

21 Likes

I mean, why not?

5 Likes

I may be mistaken, but if memory serves, the image of the king on that hand puppet is the Burger King king - isn’t it?

1 Like

My theory is because there are some adults who use any excuse for a party or who can’t do things for kids without turning it into something for themselves. I say the latter having been invited to birthday parties for infants where the guests of honor were really an afterthought. Now that companies do billions of dollars in business every year by promoting the holiday as an adult activity, I doubt it will end anytime soon.

4 Likes

Well, it IS sheduled to happen on Halloween…

3 Likes

Plot twist: Mr. Rogers was always sexy.
But yeah enough with those horrible sexy costumes.

6 Likes

There had to be at least some parents watching the show with their kids thinking how they wouldn’t mind having Mr. Rogers in their neighbourhood, right?

5 Likes

‘Citizen Louis Capet, the National Convention has sentenced you to death for the high crime of being just too damn sexy.’ As the bikini-clad guards lead him up the steps to the scaffold, he keeps muttering to himself ‘it’s just a Halloween party’ in anxious bewilderment. Nearing the top, he realizes they’ve oiled up the sexy guillotine and curses Yandy for its extensive catalog of holiday accessories.

8 Likes

New topic idea: worst possible “Sexy” halloween costume.

• Sexy Citizen Kane
  • Sexy orphaned beluga
  • Sexy Anne Frank
  • Sexy Pontius Pilate
8 Likes

You have obviously never been in Austin on Oct. 31.

4 Likes

No. I’m entirely unsurprised. Disappointment requires expectation. I don’t expect a lot of the boing boing articles except those of Xenia.

Celebrating sexist trash - in the literal sense - and giving it exposure, however ironic it may be, is not even a low point.

“You look like shit.”

4 Likes

Shhhhhhh! Yandy is listening… sure seems like they found a way to get free buzz/advertising/virality/whuffie its. I mean we clicked on it. We’re discussing it.

1 Like