Reviews for a "Sexy PhD" costume

For me, the “Sexy Ebola Nurse” was a sexy too far. Not sure if that would be called a complete and utter lack of cultural awareness or what, but wow that’s awful.

2 Likes

#PhDGate

2 Likes

Horrible, but understandable, in that “sexy nurse” + “desperate attempt to be topical” = “sexy ebola nurse.” I don’t understand how “sexy pizza” or “sexy ketchup,” etc. ever came about.

Rule 34.

Dude. “Politically correct robots.” I mean for reals. He said that seriously! My side-eye was quite evident, yes, but there really is no other way to respond to such silliness.

2 Likes

Finally, a candy corn that I don’t hate.

(seriously, that stuff is gross)

1 Like

Thank bog “Sexy Twin Towers” didn’t catch on.

Come to think of it, does anyone make a “Sexy Hooker” costume?

This world is a sick, sick place.

2 Likes

I am ALL for sexy costumes if the woman in question wants to dress in a sexy manner. ROCK IT! But the problem we’re all annoyed with is the fact that there are very few other options. And yeah yeah “companies produce what people buy blah blah consumerism blah”. That’s way too simplistic. It wasn’t until recently that clothing companies started selling more fashionable and truly wearable clothing for plus-size women even though there’s obviously a huge market for it.

It wouldn’t bother me so much, or at all, if there were other options other than the skimpy costumes that saturate the market. And not all women need to dress in skimpy, tight, thin, poorly-made costumes to feel sexy, even overtly sexy. I don’t mind showing my great cleavage sometimes, although I can also feel really sexy in my favorite t-shirt that fits perfectly, and a cute skirt with some funky tights and fun shoes and nicely done make up.

Some girls feel sexy in the club-type costumes, and that’s fine. But there should be more options! And I guarantee it, there are buyers out there. Just like plus size women want to buy trendy clothing!

And yes yes, I know you can make your own costumes, but that’s not something I’m all that great at. I tend to make simple costumes like a witch costume or I’ll just do a face paint or wear some ears and a tail or something. And that’s fine too but sometimes I want to be able to go out and buy a cute or fun or scary costume that isn’t super skimpy. And I can’t be the only woman who wants this.

3 Likes

On 9/11/2002 we got drunk and were throwing paper airplanes into people’s windows.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.