Soul Train Line compilation ('60s - '80s)

[Permalink]

man, this is so frickin good. i love how the fashions are all so different and creativeā€¦ itā€™s not something you see any more, and itā€™s something i just didnā€™t pick up on when ST was on. the other thing i love about this is all the different body types busting their best moves for the camera, with no care about anything except the joy of their moment on The Line.

3 Likes

I loved me some Don Cornelius and that funky,funky dance line.

havenā€™t had time to watch this all the way through yet, but my roommate and I have been noticing Rosie Perez was a regular in the mid-eighties when we catch the re-runs on tv. she was baaaad.

and speaking of re-runs, Re-Run of Whatā€™s Happeninā€™ fame was one of the west coast dance crew members that invented poppinā€™ and lockinā€™, which they disseminated to the world via being regulars on Soul Train, too. so keep an eye out.

I like the Daft Punk video for ā€œLose Yourself in Danceā€:

re-watching after having not seen for many years, my thought was similar

ā€œjesus, these folks crowd-sourced dance moves decades before crowd-sourcing became a thing.ā€

apparently he shows up at least at about a minute in. i thought i was seeing things, but the comments on youtube bear it out.

more thoughts:

1. the pop ā€˜nā€™ lock couple at an hour in is amazing, and

2. i wonder what the story is about the white hippie dude? you can catch glimpses of him in the outside rows throughout the video, but you donā€™t get to see him dancing down the line until about 1hr 14 mins.

I hated Soul Trainā€¦

Whenever it came on, it meant that Saturday cartoons were over.

Re-Run is at one minute inā€¦

In Atlanta, Soul Train and American Bandstand used to come on back-to-back. I always liked Soul Train better, Dick Clark just seemed stale and boring.

And I LOVED it when the cartoons ended, because it meant Soul Train was on!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.