Watch: Rabbit pummels snake to protect her baby

[Read the post]

1 Like

Wow! Donā€™t piss off Mrs. Josephine.

4 Likes

A friend who kept rabbits once asked me to hold one while he cleaned the cage. The rabbit took offense and kicked once. I had two deep parallel cuts the length of my forearm. Predator/prey relationships are complicated.

7 Likes

0:48 ā€¦ ā€œMama, Iā€™m gonna go outside and pet itā€¦ ok? ā€¦ ok? ā€¦ mama? ā€¦ok?ā€

1 Like

Think that was more ā€œWatch: Rabbit pummels snake for the murder of her baby.ā€ Did not look like the little one moved after the snake let go.

4 Likes

There were two of them, you can see one of them bounce away at ~:22 The other one looked pretty dead.

1 Like

Yeah I missed that the first time! Looks like there may have been a couple of others in the grass she was sniffing at too. All I know is that I wouldnā€™t want to be on the receiving end of that rampage!

1 Like

I believe this is the sort of backyard-excitement that PokƩmon was intended to simulate.

As a fellow mammal, I cannot help but cheer for the bunny, although that snake seems pretty chill.

5 Likes

Or: Asshole lagomorph assaults innocent snake who was just trying to have a nice meal.

5 Likes

Is that Tagalog? Just enough English mixed in.

ā€œAll right, I quit! Iā€™m tapping out!ā€

(snake remembers it doesnā€™t have arms, canā€™t tap out).

ā€œIā€™m such an idiot.ā€

(snake remembers it doesnā€™t have arms, canā€™t facepalm).

12 Likes

Weā€™re onto you.

2 Likes

ā€œBut when he meets a she-bear she will rend him tooth and nail
For the female of the species is deadlier than the maleā€ - Kipling.

2 Likes

Eat shit Rikki Tikkiā€¦this bunnyā€™s a bad ass!

4 Likes

Anybody know what kind of snake that is? The snake got a few bites in which makes me wonder if the mother bunny survived.

yeah, I got kicked by a rabbit before. Much worse than when my cats try to kick me for rubbing their belly.

1 Like

wondering that, too. I was guessing an immigrant family, since the children seemed to speak only english, but the father spokeā€¦ something?

I had absolutely no idea rabbits could do that.

I also loved when she hauled the snake down off the wall to give it some more.

2 Likes

I had an inkling, since one of the nicknames for my gfā€™s cat is ā€˜bunny feetā€™ā€¦

ā€œā€¦ that rabbitā€™s got a vicious streak a mile wide! Itā€™s a killer!ā€

7 Likes