09/10/24 Debate play by play thread

I think she wanted to time it right for greatest impact.

18 Likes

The Daily Showā€™s recap was a wonderful thing. They got a half hour jump on the network talk show hosts.

8 Likes

283 million folliwers, that post got a million likes within minutes, so yes, itā€™s a big deal.

26 Likes

Like announcing the Emancipation Proclamation right after the victory at Antietam!

8 Likes

I see. Well, the timing does make sense, then- thatā€™ll certainly make it harder for anyone to say Harris lost with a straight face!

8 Likes

She endorsed Biden in 2020. Itā€™s not surprising, but she is the biggest pop star on the planet right now. Also, she was hanging out with her boyfriend Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes, and Brittany Mahomes at the US Open this weekend, and there have been rumors that the Mahomesā€™s are Trump supporters, so it started rumors that Swift might be a secret Trumper now. Which is insane, but we live in insane time. It should also be noted that the rumors about the Mahomesā€™ political leanings are based on Brittany liking a Trump post on Instagram a few weeks ago. A like which apparently later disappeared, so itā€™s entirely possible it was an innocent mistake. Again, we live in a crazy timeline.

22 Likes

Iā€™d argue that Taylor Swift is this generationā€™s Elvis, Beatles, or Michael Jackson in terms of sheer worldwide popularity.

The near-unstoppable force that are the Swifties cannot be underestimated, so yeah Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty significant.

(edited: removed redundant word that was redundant)

13 Likes

Indeed. She was singlehandedly responsible for a ratings increase for the NFL last year, just by virtue of dating a player and becoming a fan, so her fans followed and started watching football.

16 Likes

Kamala is live on MSNBC.

12 Likes

ā€¦ heā€™ll have a plan ready for us in two weeks :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

I just sent a donation- they always report on the post debate fundraising. Make it a good story if you can. 3 bucks, 5 bucks- whatever you can afford.

20 Likes

Thatā€™s been his goto response over the years when he doesnā€™t have an answer to something heā€™s been asked.

14 Likes

She also briefly transformed many local economies with her recent Eras tour.

12 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m not sure how healthy it is for one person to have that much influence, but at least sheā€™s not using it for evil.

18 Likes

TBH, right now Iā€™d probably be ok if she just wanted to use it for ā€œless evilā€ but Iā€™m very happy with where she landed.

11 Likes

Harris didnā€™t answer several questions, and she repeated herself quite a bit.

Trump was unhinged, angry, lied constantly, didnā€™t answer any questions, repeated the same statements whether or not they had anything to do with the question, and was largely incoherent.

I guess it was basically even, right? /s

In all seriousness, she did a great job. Iā€™m sure the rightoid talking heads will say ā€œoh she misspoke a couple of times therefore sheā€™s incompetentā€ or ā€œshe wasnā€™t substantive enoughā€ or ā€œthe moderators were so unfair to Trumpā€ ignoring all the ridiculous shit Trump said. It really pissed me off how much extra time Trump seemed to get to ramble on and Iā€™ll be curious to see what the stats will show about how long each person got to speak.

14 Likes

Oh, I really thought it was you. I know the usual suspects were there and I thanked them, but whoever it was that Iā€™m confusing Wayward with, I appreciate youā€¦you you.

Stop It And You GIF

15 Likes

Trump just walked into the ABC watch party.

He looks a little pathetic trying to get attention.

19 Likes

Thank you, @KathyPartdeux, for opening this thread!

21 Likes

It was @FloridaManJefe ā€™s idea.

22 Likes