10 year anniversary remix of Rebecca Black's "Friday”

Originally published at: 10 year anniversary remix of Rebecca Black's "Friday" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Jayzus! That was the longest 48 seconds of my life.

I don’t know how anyone could survive the full three minutes and one second

8 Likes

I remember at the time hoping that the massive obviously unwanted fame she generated would pass and she would be able to live a normal life.

Now she’s just leaping head first from internet child victim who’s moved on a la Ghyslain Raza to completely unemployable for life.

Frankly I wish her well.

7 Likes

Kind’a kicked in the acid flashbacks. Dang.

7 Likes

It’s bad. In a whole different way. I was hesitant to say it because I’m old, and no one cares about my taste in music, but no: It’s bad. She’s in her mid-twenties; it’s a little sad to be trying to appear grown up by having someone say “fuck” over a Casio having a fit.

4 Likes

“Oh crap, how was that 10 years!”

2 Likes

Yeah the remix is a big miss for me, i wouldn’t have minded a remix but that’s so over done to such an extreme that it’s just too frantic sounding. Still if i had to give any kind of positive to Rebecca Black is that i’m glad she’s still willing to own up to the ridiculousness of the song.

2 Likes

It’s 'cause in the first one she had friends.

2 Likes

I highly doubt that a drug exists such that a given dosage will both (a) make this video make sense, and (b) not immediately kill you.

1 Like

Hmm…Not catchy.

Her new “[I’m getting back with my] Girlfriend” title is more of the pop pablum style of Friday. But as much as neither Friday, the 10 year re-mix, nor Girlfriend wow me, I really dislike the personal opprobrium she gets from some people (I’m not including criticism of songs in that, but the unreasoning dislike and even hate for her as a person that was directed at her 10 years ago and on.)

2 Likes

She was a nice kid who accidentally got famous with a silly song.

Now she’s a grown-ass woman who should know better. That’s a train wreck.

Also, the extra, extra long hair in a convertible is giving me Isadora Duncan vibes.

4 Likes

Yeah… no.

9 Likes

To paraphrase Blur, the modern world is rubbish.

1 Like

Watched (most of) the video. Now… so… tired.

4 Likes

Meh, the remix certainly isn’t my speed (it’s WAY too much of the IN YOUR FACE aspects of early PC Music for my tastes), but come on - when you see troll face that early on the characters of the video, TAKE. THE. HINT.

This OMG pearl-clutching going on all around over a trolling remix of meme kitsch from her and some pals reminds me of the people who freaked out when the Lego Star Wars Holiday Special was announced.
They are pulling your leg, folks. Chill.

8 Likes

Needs a gabber remix - tho I’m sure there already is one. @the_borderer , have you heard of one? It’s definitely the kind of thing Smurf would whip up I’d have thought.

1 Like

nope. you’re not gonna get me to listen to that song in any form a second time, even if it is ten years later and remixed.

1 Like

It has Big Freedia in it… not for nearly long enough though.

3 Likes

I adore big Freedia, but even she isn’t enough to tempt me to watch it.

1 Like