10 years for Proud Boy who smashed Capitol window at outset of Jan 6 riot

Originally published at: 10 years for Proud Boy who smashed Capitol window at outset of Jan 6 riot | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

14 Likes

In response–though not until the judge had left the courtroom–Pezzola raised his fist and shouted ““President” Trump won!”

Another cowardly blowhard fascist. Glad he’ll be locked away from the rest of us for a while.

15 Likes

From I’ve seen so far all of them are cowards. Big and tough at first, whimpering assholes at trail.

11 Likes

That phrase is in my experience, used in a positive sense among the military. It’s an odd choice for a reprimand.

10 Likes

That presumes the spear is pointing at America’s enemies. This spear was pointed directly at the heart of American Democracy. This was the judge’s way of saying he didn’t buy Pezzola’s claims that he just got swept up in the crowd; on the contrary, he was leading the crowd.

17 Likes

Interesting thing… from what I’ve heard, this shitbox spent 7 years in the USMC… from 1998 to 2005. During that timeframe - and look closely at those years - he never deployed once, and left active duty as a corporal.

What does that say about his “service”?

5 Likes

It doesnt say much at all about his service. 6+ years in a low-density MOS it wouldnt be unusual to leave as an E-4.

The major event during those years of course would be OEF and OIF. But plenty of Marines, Airmen, Soldiers and Sailors did not deploy during that period.

7 Likes

I understand, and I don’t think there’s anything nefarious with the judge, it just seemed odd to my ear.

3 Likes

The last word on Pezzola’s shenanigans, though, goes to his wife, Lisa: “He’s a fucking idiot.”

She knows him better than anyone, unfortunately for her.

12 Likes

I doubt she’ll be waiting for him when he gets out.

This reminds me - why isn’t Steve Bannon in prison yet?

8 Likes

On the Contempt of Congress charge? Last I heard the court decided he could remain free while appealing the conviction, but that the better part of a year ago. The legal process sure is sloooow sometimes.

ETA: Here’s a more recent update to his legal plight. Still looking at likely jail time, but he also managed to pile up over $600K in legal bills in an effort to avoid testifying. Most Americans would probably just do the four months in prison if it meant saving over half a million bucks. Or just show up and plead the fifth, thus avoiding the contempt charge entirely.

12 Likes

… sounds like America has way more Marines than it actually needs :confused:

1 Like

I think it is very telling that the logo on his shirt “FAFO” is now applying to him as a convicted and sentenced defiant defendant.

10 Likes

I didn’t even know what “FAFO” meant, but I fished around and found out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.