100 proofs the Earth is a globe

“For sheep are stupid, and have to be driven. But goats are intelligent, and need to be led.”

6 Likes

1990s- A brief history of time tops the best-selling book lists.

Now- We have to persuade people that the earth isn’t flat.

That’s quite a swerve in 20 years.

15 Likes

Might be - but we’re not on earth. The aliens moved us all.

6 Likes

I agree

1990s- If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next gets to the UK charts no.1, containing the lyrics

So if I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists

Now- people say we should debate fascists who are advocating for genocide and ethnic cleansing (no-one says we should have debated with Al Qaeda and Daesh though).

Things have gone very wrong in the last few decades, in many different ways

11 Likes

9 Likes

The horizon stretches out ahead,
a subtle curve that never ends,
defines this world as a tiny speck,
in a universe that’s timeless, vast, and black.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say
—Tolkien

4 Likes

I don’t understand what Flat Earthers think about the Edge of their Flat Earth.

Surely, hiking (or flying) to the edge of the Flat Earth by going “past” the South Pole would be the ultimate adventure. Yet, no one has done this, ever.

6 Likes

Well, he proved something with that initial observation. That light does not travel in straight paths, or something. And that thousands of years before Einstein. I think that’s pretty awesome.

1 Like

5 Likes

Hell, I don’t understand what Flat Earthers think about the Southern Hemisphere. Traveling East-West, the distances between locations would have to be enormous on a flat Earth. Yet apparently no one has noticed? I’m guessing Flat Earthers all live up North and never even think about traveling anywhere, so it doesn’t surprise them that no one has tried to scale the edge. (Also: something something conspiracy, which prevents people from getting near Antarctica, and all the people who claim to have been there are in on it.)

8 Likes

Sweet summer child.

2 Likes

So you’re saying that the Earth is a globe but we’re on the Flat Zoo now anyway, so it doesn’t matter?

Still not the stupidest theory out there…

10 Likes

17 Likes

I want to buy one of the incredibly fast and fuel efficient cars that they only make for the Southern hemisphere. Yes, I will have to drive it through a few war zones between South Africa and Europe, but it will be worth it if it stops the illuminati from swapping it for a less efficient Northern hemisphere engine.

4 Likes

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking.

Masefield

4 Likes

I’m not even mad…

4 Likes

I must go down to the sea again,
to the lonely sea and the sky;
I left my shoes and socks there -
I wonder if they’re dry?

– Spike Milligan

12 Likes

Always the better poet. :smiley:

2 Likes

My failed kickstarter to shoot a flat-earther into orbit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/apogee/send-a-prominent-member-of-the-flat-earth-society?ref=project_link

1 Like

Although some flat Earth maps show the continents to be the same, and it’s only the water between them that’s hugely increased, in which case it would be Southern Hemisphere boats (and planes!) that have the super-engines. In that case, it would be real easy to move the vehicle up North.

2 Likes