$12,000-a-ticket luxury Fyre Festival in Bahamas descends into a Lord of the Flies dystopia

They wouldn’t fall for this a second time…would they?

sits back in chair, steeples hands

36 Likes

Ham and cheese? Excuse me, that’s jambon et fromage.

49 Likes

Hmm. Anyway to take advantage of this situation to spend a week in a tent on a tropical island for free? I don’t need lockers or gourmet food or Major Lazor. Just a cooler full of beer, a fishing rod, and the relaxing sound of crashing waves.

5 Likes

Why don’t they all just take an Uber off the Island?

28 Likes

I’m no Les Stroud, but how hard is it to set up a tent, even if it has to be jury-rigged?

32 Likes

Didn’t you read the tweets? ALL THE MAKEUP IS GONE!

22 Likes

Hmmm. According to the NYT article, tickets started at $1000.

4 Likes

Kyrie, kyrie,
kyrie, eleison!

2 Likes

23 Likes

I’m guessing the kind of people who are willing and able to drop $12K on a vacation don’t typically have a lot of experience with that kind of thing.

14 Likes

Is this going to turn out to be a performance art installation to expose rich people to the realities of the refugee situation?

42 Likes

Build a wall and make them pay for it! (The rich twinks, not the refugees.)

3 Likes

Which loops us right back to this. Hoot, mon!!

14 Likes
  1. that is one sleazy-looking come-on video
  2. who leaves their passport unattended in a tent?!!!
18 Likes

No shouting… I’m hungover today.

9 Likes

I am not sure that poor quality equals fraud. I cam empathize, but it sounds a bit like first-world problems of spoiled people. Improvised shelter, cheese sandwiches, and thieves pretty much describes my life for a few years in NYC, and I had a great time.

7 Likes

Are we sure this isn’t viral marketing for a new Tina Fey TV show?

Because I would watch.

5 Likes

I kinda hope no one gets seriously hurt though.

16 Likes

Activated charcoal research again?

10 Likes

I was thinking unethical sociological experiment, myself, but art makes more sense.

… and burning tents.

I wonder if NYT missed a zero, or the organizers started off selling $12K tickets, realized they weren’t going to make as much money as they wanted and started dropping the price to maximize their gain (thereby bringing in a number of people who grossly exceeded the space and resources available and making it impossible to provide what they promised).

Well, when you deliver one thing after having promised something completely different (that you knew you couldn’t deliver), that’s fraud.

5 Likes