12-year-old boy pulls gun on girl and demands Chicken McNugget

I think I’m going to actually post that.

15 Likes

14 Likes

Herschell Gordon Lewis would be proud!

1 Like

Come on, do you really think that’s fair? I can’t state a contradictory opinion without the impetus for it being sexism?

1 Like

I thought the same thing.

Besides, that sort of gut instict intuition is the stuff that helps captives escape captors and bystanders save lives.

We don’t second guess people who risk their lives against impossible odds in a snap judgement, we call them heroes.

Kudos to the girl for calling the little shit’s bluff instead of bending to his will.

13 Likes

You’re right about @LearnedCoward’s comments, so my apologies.

6 Likes

That would probably depend on the ethnicity of the boy and the girl. Only Anglos with firearms are good, 2nd Amendment-respecting 'murcans. “Urban youths” (dog whistle, what dog whistle?) with firearms fall under the “thug” category that are supposed to be armed against.

13 Likes

I see it less as outright sexism and more an uneccesary critique of a person’s choice made in the heat of the moment. A choice that proved to be the right one!

2 Likes

Peril? I love fine Corinthian leather 'shops. I hear a lot of moaning though. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m just glad (and impressed!) that she kept her cool through that.

Something must seriously be messed up in his life where it’s easier to pull a gun on someone than to buy his own Chicken McNuggets.

9 Likes

Young teen girls are often fearless.[quote=“LearnedCoward, post:31, topic:92875”]
Something must seriously be messed up in his life where it’s easier to pull a gun on someone than to buy his own Chicken McNuggets.
[/quote]

It could just be a power play, like he’s seen on TV or in his life - when you want something from a woman, and she says no, you have the right to take it, if necessary by force. These messages are peppered through out our culture, and are sometimes reinforced at home.

23 Likes

Okay… That applies to the first comment in the thread, and @Mindysan33’s criticism justly applies there. I don’t read anyone else as criticising the girl after that. I attempted to point that out and received a factious response implying @mindysan’s opinion was dismissed out of hand due to her gender; in six months regularly posting here I don’t believe I’ve ever addressed her that way and didn’t appreciate it, hence the question of sexism in my behavior.

2 Likes

I think that’s totally fair. My comment wasn’t meant to be argumentetive. I was just weighing in with my own critique of the top comment.

3 Likes

Intentionally, unintentionally, or some combination thereof?

I imagine that both people have led hard lives. I don’t think this is the girl’s first time being held up at gunpoint.

Still, I’m imagining my own teen years, and thinking that I would never be as cool under pressure if I understood how much danger I was in.

2 Likes

Which I apologized for and @LearnedCoward seems to have accepted that.

I don’t think I called you sexist or your comment sexist though. if you got that from what I said and apologize and did not mean you.

4 Likes

Thank you.

I do seem to be less tuned in to these things than you are.

5 Likes

She should have given him the McNuggets. Let the punishment fit the crime.

15 Likes

What are you referring to - the boys actions or the messages in our culture? In the case of the boy, I don’t know. At that age, kids are still figuring out who they are and how to be person in the world with some autonomy from their parents. As for our culture, it’s probably a combination of the two.

1 Like

So have I and I should have stated so before now.

Thank you.

My follow up response was an attempt to clarify with @Sagoli.

4 Likes

When it helps to defines your life, it’s hard not to. :wink:

4 Likes