12-year-old boy pulls gun on girl and demands Chicken McNugget

Okay, great! I have fighting with happy mutants I like, even if it’s my own fault!

8 Likes

True, though until now we expected to read such a headline in The Onion.

9 Likes

I was referring to the girl being fearless. Was she unaware of the danger, or too aware of the danger?

3 Likes

Don’t know… Maybe she knew the boy and knew he wouldn’t actually hurt her…? Maybe she’s just a fearless bad ass in training, like all 12 year old girls? Or maybe she’s been subjected to so much violence in her life, she’s desensitized to it?

11 Likes

It’s entirely possible he has had this behavior modeled for him - take what you want if you can, and a weapon makes it easier. I’m interested to know if he would have done this to another boy.

2 Likes

That looks less like a nugget and more like quartz or a skin condition.

6 Likes

Now that’s a face I would piss the bed for!

8 Likes

And that is BS too. The NRA hasn’t supported any law since the shift in leadership in the 70s that has targeted minorities. They have have fought to get Jim Crow laws repealed in several states.

You’re assuming the NRA and issues of gun rights is a conservative only issue, and it is not. It should never have been like that, but that is what Political Tribalism does - draws lines in the sand and you take up your position due to your party affiliation.

“Urban Youths” - you mean people under 18/21? Yeah, they can’t buy hand guns or carry them in most states (if not all of them) regardless of color. Some states allow ownership from gifts.

ETA - fun fact, for an org who hates black people, their new spokesperson, Colion Noir, is extremely popular.

My guess is she didn’t take the kid seriously. Possibly even thought it was fake (Which is possible). My kid is 10. I don’t know how serious I would take a threat from a 12 year old. Guess it would depend on their demeanor.

4 Likes

I believe @Jerry_Dunk meant “stock photo”.

1 Like

Okay.

I was looking at it on mobile earlier, so I couldn’t really see the chicken nugget. It looked like an irregularity in the wood.

2 Likes

From Night of the Comet a movie that was better than it had any right to be.

6 Likes

No, I’m not, and I don’t see a single word in my post that says that.

I support the defense of the 2nd Amendment, I just don’t buy into the all-encompassing interpretation that’s come into use in recent decades.

I will state explicitly that I consider the NRA to be a trade organization and not worthy of consideration as a public policy group any longer. They spend far too much time spinning arguments to scare people into buying more guns to simply be defending the 2nd Amendment.

As for the implicit portrayal of who should be allowed to have guns, George Zimmerman (who was vocally supported by the NRA for his stalking and murder of a teenager for the crime of walking while black and wearing a felonious garment) used the argument that because Trayon Martin had a picture of a gun on his phone, that made him a criminal, while actually having and using a gun was just fine.

13 Likes

Ironically, she will come to find out much later in life that the McNugget is ultimately more dangerous than the gun.

6 Likes

Well then you’re drawing conclusions where there is no evidence. Which a lot of the time comes from people and their biases towards/against a political spectrum, but maybe not in this case.

"Only Anglos with firearms are good, 2nd Amendment-respecting 'murcans. " ← that is BS

1. Zimmerman was Hispanic. In any other argument he wouldn’t be considered white. He certainly doesn’t fit your statement that “only Anglos”.

2. The NRA defends the right to self defense.

3. According to the trail and jury verdict, Zimmerman was cleared of wrong doing and was said to have killed Martin in defense. Your hyperbole of the event is just that. There is speculation that the event unfolded differently, or that the whole truth wasn’t in the trial, and I concede that is possible but unrelated to the issue at hand. Using it as evidence the NRA is against minority gun ownership is weak at best.

4. Zimmerman, is a douche though, just from what I have seen in his actions post trial. But even douches have a right to defense.

5. REAL racist gun laws would include the many which still exist in several states, counties, and cities. For example, requiring the Sheriff to sign off on handgun purchases. Hmm, wouldn’t that be an excellent way to makes sure “Only Anglos [have] with firearms”, because that is exactly why those laws passed. If your statement held any water, the NRA would be just fine with those laws.

1 Like

You seem to have repeatedly missed the point that it is a perception that is promoted that certain groups shouldn’t have guns. Of course the NRA doesn’t want to explicitly restrict gun ownership to whites, that would reduce potential sales. But it also helps sales for scared, older whites to be informed that those other folks are also buying guns.

As for the Zimmerman case, this is another example of exploiting fear for sales as opposed to helping reduce violence. By supporting “Stand Your Ground” laws, the NRA has knowingly attacked the duty to retreat in public confrontations. If no one has a duty to retreat during a public confrontation, then there is no easy way to defuse that confrontation and determine if the cause was purposeful or not. Preemptive violence as a form of self defense is probably not what was meant by the authors of the 2nd Amendment. But it is sure a great way of convincing more folks to carry firearms “just in case”.

9 Likes

In a less boringly serious world, McDonalds could make a great commercial for how great Chicken McNuggets are out of this; but that’s probably not going to happen. Too bad.

The Onion rings true? :wink:

6 Likes

I’m calling a on this play.

5 Likes

Trump’s america. :cry:

Meet Jrrr, son of the ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8! Also, he and many siblings were a delicious earth snack, accidentally.

9 Likes