15 kitchen gadgets that will make prepping your next meal easier

So how does the knife sharpener here compare with the one blogged about under “useful tools” a few days ago?

1 Like

This is, quite frankly, a huge improvement over some of their other recent ads.This is all kind of junk (probably?) but at least it isn’t telling people to invest in real estate or touting the health improvements of himalayan salt lamps.

As a general rule, the greater contact area against the blade at any given time, the better. Ceramic rods with a known grittiness IMO are better than sharp bits of carbide. Pull thru sharpeners in general are not ideal, but to do better involves greater cost and skill. They’re fine for $10 IKEA knives, but I wouldn’t use them on a $150 Wüsthof. But as long as it’s not used on my knives, do as you wish. Disclaimer: I’ve never used or examined either product featured on BB.

2 Likes

I love my kitchen gadgets, and I’m intrigued. What is this magical meal that both uses these 15 new items, and is easier to make than the soup I’m cooking tonight which uses one pot, one frying pan, one oven sheet, one spoon, and one spatula?

1 Like

Wasted half an hour trying to find a gif of Alton Brown’s head exploding. Thanks a lot, BB.

2 Likes

Must. Not. Make. Martha Stewart pressure cooker joke.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.