20 year Federal sentence for George Floyd murderer Derek Chauvin

Originally published at: 20 year Federal sentence for George Floyd murderer Derek Chauvin | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I didn’t realize until the federal trial that Chauvin used bloodless methods that let him work on his victims for as long as he liked.

Wow. I’m glad this racist and sadistic thug ended up where he belongs: in a prison uniform instead of in a police one.

20 Likes

Bye Bye Bai GIF

16 Likes

7 Likes

Never forget that if it weren’t for the months of protests, riots and outrage, Chauvin would still be walking free. And if it weren’t for the bystanders recording the cops, it would be just another police murder that most of the country wouldn’t even know had happened. Be vigilant, be courageous. Make it impossible for their crimes to be forgotten or forgiven.

4 Likes

Not Enough Bladesmiths GIF by DefyTV

I know the above is a reactionary thought, but the police in general are still pretty inured to criticism, and likely plan to keep on keeping on. They need to take some harder hits to make them understand we’re tired of this shit. Financially-based hits for the department that produced this killer in addition to jail time for the offender.

5 Likes

Indeed; hit their unions where it hurts - in the pocket.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.