2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

It reminds me of the time some homophobe decided to attack Wrexham AFC for putting Albert Kinsey in their hall of fame.

It didn’t make the news, but it made some of us laugh on Livejournal years ago.

9 Likes

Probably a lot of the same people who assumed that because Willie Nelson is one of “their” musicians that he’d be a Trump-lovin’ good-ol-boy opposed to the legalization of weed.

11 Likes

According to Twitter, Brooks is a big Barry fan, and has said so in interviews. (They went to the same college.) Plus it wouldn’t be the first time a singer wears a home team jersey when they perform in a city. So I really doubt it was any kind of political statement, no matter what the, um, sportsball-challenged ( :wink: ) might think.

Yes!

13 Likes

Detroit Lions:

11 Likes
11 Likes

“We’re just here for the tax breaks.”

12 Likes

They really have to change the name of that org to “ALPAC”. They’re all about Likud, which in turn is all too happy to associate with right-wing scumbags like those listed.

6 Likes

Bernie’s principled refusal to speak again before AIPAC is yet another reason I wish the DNC would let him win the nomination this time.

11 Likes
7 Likes

Revenge of the Homophones

4 Likes

He played football?

8 Likes
8 Likes

Alternately:

11 Likes

Fair and balanced.

9 Likes
5 Likes

I wish there was a way he could get to the punchline (the “gone…gone…gone” part) quicker. 90 seconds isn’t long if you have someone’s committed attention, but there’s a reason TV commercials are 30 and 60 seconds.

Wow. That’s some cognitive dissonance for ya.

4 Likes
12 Likes

Let me guess, the next pivot will be that Sanders’ crowds are “too big” it’s “unsettling” and reminds talking heads of communist rallies.

9 Likes

Almost…

10 Likes