2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Well polls also can’t predict the head of the FBI all but publicly endorsing a candidate in an election, but even this far out the best analysts of poll data said it was a dice roll for anyone. But it also doesn’t matter because a poll in 2016 has no bearing on reality in 2020, especially since mother nature has had enough of us.

3 Likes

I believe they would stay with Biden - if the convention becomes contested, then trading would take place. If - and I feel like I am at this point talking about a remote possibility - if Biden dropped out it would be possible for Sanders to collect enough delegates that there would not be any contest or super delegates

It is my understanding that in the first vote, each pledged delegate is supposed to vote for the candidate that they were elected to represent. After that, they could vote differently, but then automatic delegates can also vote.

https://ballotpedia.org/Democratic_delegate_rules,_2020

1 Like

If you are expecting Biden supporters’ cognitive dissonance at their own hypocrisy to finally get strong enough to wake them up, where Trump’s supporters’ didn’t, I think you’re going to be disappointed.

2 Likes

I am disappointed, I will be even more disappointed, but I plan on being disappointed in a context where the people I know around me are aware of their “cognitive dissonance”. Many of them will hate me, and nearly all will blame me for Biden losing because I pointed out his flaws.

3 Likes

Biden can’t lose if he’s not the nominee

If he loses, it’ll be his own fault and the fault of the people who nominated him

4 Likes

yes- what I am saying is my disappointment will be rooted in Biden receiving the nomination and people ignoring his obvious flaws

4 Likes

Maybe, but also a rigged election system that favors Republicans.

4 Likes

Biden’s allies want Sanders to stop running due to COVID-19 and other factors. Or as this person more succinctly puts it:

11 Likes

So Biden hasn’t even won and he’s already reaching across the aisle. Ugh.

10 Likes

The only reason the next president (whoever that ends up being) should be reaching across to aisle to Trump is to slap handcuffs on him.

11 Likes

…but that’s fairly academic. Biden will lose.

9 Likes

I’d long thought so, but these days, I now think anything could happen. Very few possibilities would surprise me.

6 Likes

2020 Choices:

• Fearmongering Megalomania
  • Lecherous Dementia.

Vote!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you mean:

• Openly Corrupt Fearmomgering Megalomania Lecherous Dementia
  • Lecherous Dementia

It’s not an exciting distinction, but it’s still a distinction.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure you mean:

• Openly Corrupt Fearmomgering Megalomania
    Catastrophic incompetence
    Lecherous Dementia
  • Openly Corrupt
    Moderately competent advisers
    Lecherous Dementia

Sill a distinction, though.

3 Likes

Please, Biden is clearly thinly veiled corruption at its finest. But that’s also clearly not the point of what I was saying.

3 Likes

I think it was to lecture him on what he is doing wrong with the pandemic. That’s actually a political win-win for Biden: either Trump takes his advice, which looks good for Biden, or Trump eschews it, which gives Biden attack fodder for the general election.

Somebody’s forgotten Rule #1 when dealing with the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party.

3 Likes

Meh. Biden has been around a very very long time; he’s not by any means a good leader or policymaker, but his ability to survive with face intact is pretty good. He’s been written off more often than Trump business ventures, yet here he is.

1 Like